Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Romney vs Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're exactly right Galen. This looks like their comedy routine.He said he was done a long time ago. Even sent me a PM that he was done but wanted me to edit or apologize so I did the Christian thing and apologized. That's probably the only Christian act on the thread.

Now I apologize to the entire forum for getting baited into this crap. We had this discussion on SCOUT years ago and it was nothing
    like this.

I thought we were done. This is why I made the statement I did. He's defending what they believe. I was wrong but thats why I did it.

We did God a dis-service on this thread. May God have mercy on our souls.

Like my wise brother always says, why even argue about it.
    You have to know when to hold them and when to fold them with NC. Just walk away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    BTW Galen - why didn't you counter Stinger's chart and his statement how you cherry
    pick. Hmmmmmmm.

Instead you just rip us. It's easier to do.

Talk about a comedy routine, your own profession doesn't respect you.
    Stinger is a one-line wonder kid around here. He needs to study Sirdowski who, while being romantic and poetic about mythology, still impresses me with his writing.

Blog Entries

You're right about NC. I should have known that early on.

Usually, I'm on his side. I just wasn't thinking and was blind sided when he
    called me out that he was one too.

Speaking of Sirdowski, he was the only other Christian I knew in here besides Greg.
    For years, it was just Greg and I discussing religious topics and usually disagreeing
    going back a decade on Scout. Sirdowski came in and I knew he was one right away.
    I just didn't think there were any others based on posts going back years.

I thought I was the one line wonder-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-10-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Is this thread really still going on?

Trap, I never asked you to apologize. I asked you to prove your claim about me saying I don't believe in God or go back and edit it to take the claim out.

Can I make a request and trash heap this thing?

Let's see about getting back on track first.

Well, you called it NC. Looks like Mitt and Huck are BFF's and may run together ....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...tts-bff-and-vp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Let's see about getting back on track first.

Well, you called it NC. Looks like Mitt and Huck are BFF's and may run together ....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...tts-bff-and-vp
    Interesting. A few things about this, 1 you rarely see a ticket with two Governors on a ticket. And 2, foreign policy would be lacking with a ticket like this.

Like you said the party is fractured right now. So just like a presidential nominee isn't going to satisfy everyone, neither will a VP. The question then becomes who satisfies the most. Is that Huckabee, or Rubio or...?

The more I read about Nikki Haley, the more I like.

Still very early though. If I were running his campaign, I'd tell him to wait until the convention to make the announcement, whomever he chooses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The more I read about Nikki Haley, the more I like.

Still very early though. If I were running his campaign, I'd tell him to wait until the convention to make the announcement, whomever he chooses.
    I'll admit I know very little about her. I heard she has a pretty low approval rating in her state.

It is early, too early. I would definitely wait till closer to the convention, try to get as many people on board now and wait to see who hasn't come over yet and get a VP to pick up the rest.

Nikki Haley has too much baggage. The only reason Romney would pick her would be to try to stop the bleeding from the very important woman vote where he is getting slaughtered right now. Haley's comment that "women don't care about contraception" might appeal to the subservient evangelical wives but not to the broader female population that Romney needs to gain about another 7-8 points. Romney needs to get Ryan to be his V.P. Ryan is the only conservative politician I have heard who can almost make the case for the Republican House budget to the indepedent moderate voter. This is one of the few areas where Romney could gain votes on Obama. I don't think Ryan will partner up with Romney though as he is young with potential and his political future is brighter in 2016 as far as the Presidential/VP game.

If not Ryan, my bet is that Romney picks someone currently not on the radar that was an advisor to "W" somewhere. Karl Rove will have a lot of input into his decision. To think Haley has even a remote chance is akin to thinking Bachman and Perry ever had a chance in hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    If not Ryan, my bet is that Romney picks someone currently not on the radar that was an advisor to "W" somewhere. Karl Rove will have a lot of input into his decision. To think Haley has even a remote chance is akin to thinking Bachman and Perry ever had a chance in hell.
    I don't think it will be Ryan, his ability to explain the budget is meaningless when the Senate is refusing to vote or put forth a budget (Country before Party, right?).

Why on earth would Romney pick a former W adviser? I won't be shocked to see him pick someone off the radar. But he needs to pick someone to rally the base while not putting off independents, I think Rubio and Huckabee are good choices for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't think it will be Ryan, his ability to explain the budget is meaningless when the Senate is refusing to vote or put forth a budget (Country before Party, right?).

Why on earth would Romney pick a former W adviser? I won't be shocked to see him pick someone off the radar. But he needs to pick someone to rally the base while not putting off independents, I think Rubio and Huckabee are good choices for that.
    Which base are you talking about? Romney will quickly shift to the center and try to rally the "establishment base". Where you guys miss the boat is still thinking some tea party pedigree is what Romney will need. Did you not learn from Palin? Bachman? Perry? Cain? The Tea Party base is what you want to avoid in a general election. You watch where Romney goes. I will bet he goes with a more establishment VP than tea party. Haley is tea party and has no chance. I would love to see it but it ain't going to happen.

As far as your talking point about the budget, you do know that budgets don't determine spending right? If not read up on appropriations so you don't walk around thinking Dems not writing a budget is some kind of catastrophe. shit, even Ryan's budget leaves out most of his intended cuts as well as where he picks up revenues. His budget as it stands is a deficit hole.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law - your own authority, The U.S. Constitution

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Which base are you talking about? Romney will quickly shift to the center and try to rally the "establishment base". Where you guys miss the boat is still thinking some tea party pedigree is what Romney will need. Did you not learn from Palin? Bachman? Perry? Cain? The Tea Party base is what you want to avoid in a general election. You watch where Romney goes. I will bet he goes with a more establishment VP than tea party. Haley is tea party and has no chance. I would love to see it but it ain't going to happen.

As far as your talking point about the budget, you do know that budgets don't determine spending right? If not read up on appropriations so you don't walk around thinking Dems not writing a budget is some kind of catastrophe. shit, even Ryan's budget leaves out most of his intended cuts as well as where he picks up revenues. His budget as it stands is a deficit hole.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law - your own authority, The U.S. Constitution
    You are able to read right? I said the Senate won't put forth a budget.

So the Tea Party stands no chance? You remember 2010 mid-terms right? There are definitely those that could be consider Tea Party favorites that aren't electable but what about those that are and also won? Allen West, Marco Rubio, Ron Johnson, Mike Lee. Kristi Nome, Rand Paul etc.