Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Webb ...restructure deal?

(KFFL)The Baltimore Ravens could ask CB Lardarius Webb to restructure his contract this offseason because he is scheduled to make $7.5 million next season and will count $10.5 million against the salary cap.

Any truth to this report?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Webb ...restructure deal?

Won't this put us in "Cap Hell" a la the Steelers, Saints, Cowboys, etc? Or are we already there with Rice, Suggs and Ngata's bloated contracts?

I don't think it's a report, but rather a speculation, much like me saying they may cut Suggs to save cap. Merely stating one option

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Won't this put us in "Cap Hell" a la the Steelers, Saints, Cowboys, etc? Or are we already there with Rice, Suggs and Ngata's bloated contracts?
    Oh I think we are in cap hell especially with the guys that you mentioned. So that's what makes me laugh about Webb....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post

If the Ravens are going to restructure a contract, it would make most sense that it is Webb's.

As I understand restructuring a bonus is paid up front which is then spread out over the life of the contract. The player gets their money in pocket. If they're cut or injured, it's theirs.

The cap hit moves into other years though.

IMO what the Steelers, Saints and Cowboys did was do this with players where they were too close to the end of their career or at least not producing at the value of their contract. With Rice, Suggs and Ngata there are questions about how many more productive years they have.. or if they have any.. that justify their contract.

I don't get that sense with Webb. He's got a few years in him.

I may not be totally correct on the numbers, but I saw on twitter that Webb could be restructured to save $5m against this year's cap but it would add on $1.7m to each year left on his contract from 2015 on. I don't think that's a bad option at all if those are the right numbers.

You guys are too much. What makes you think that we're in win now mode to the point that we should be kicking the can the road to screw ourselves over later?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    You guys are too much. What makes you think that we're in win now mode to the point that we should be kicking the can the road to screw ourselves over later?

because we were 8-8 with the 29th ranked offense... fix that even moderately and were right back to 10+ win seasons. Such doom and gloom after JUST missing the playoffs.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    I may not be totally correct on the numbers, but I saw on twitter that Webb could be restructured to save $5m against this year's cap but it would add on $1.7m to each year left on his contract from 2015 on. I don't think that's a bad option at all if those are the right numbers.
    I saw it too. Wouldn't surprise me if they're looking at guys contracts to see who might be a good fit to gain some cap room back

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post

Because Bisciotti doesn't have any other mode

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    Yup. Ravor tweeted this yesterday.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Because Bisciotti doesn't have any other mode
    Spot on.