Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    For me I'd bring back Billick. But that would never fly with most of you so my 2nd choice would be Gruden. 3rd choice would be Mike Nolan, he built the 49er team we see today.
    How about Chip Kelly?

Blog Entries

you seriously think they're going to fire coaches mid-season of a 9-3 team that's been to two AFCC recently? wow

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you seriously think they're going to fire coaches mid-season of a 9-3 team that's been to two AFCC recently? wow
    What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

4-2
    Last edited by RavensQB; 12-03-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: record

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't think anyone is really suggesting that. It's more of someone saying that will they step in and tell Harbaugh that Cam needs to go, when the seasons over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

4-2
    LOL

4-2 is REALLY close to 9-3...

Cam will not be fired at this point in the season. We just need to find ways to put laxatives in his coffee on game days to keep him in the bathroom until the game is over. Harbaugh is not going anywhere so save your breath (and/or your typing fingers).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LOL

4-2 is REALLY close to 9-3...
    That was not the point. Put your grind axe the FK away...

LOL

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

I would prefer Bisciotti not get involved, I don't believe owners should be making decisions like that other than the HC and GM. It is rarely a good thing when owners start doing things like that, see Jerry Jones, Napoleon in DC, etc.

Besides, and I'm not advocating this, or hoping it happens, but if Harbaugh won't let Cam go, for whatever reason that may be, he will dig his own grave. Sure, they may continue to have 10-12 win seasons, but at some point they have to get over the hump and win that championship or else Bisciotti is going to be making that decision not about Cameron's job, but about Harbaugh's.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

They will never fire Cam midseason. When Billick fired Fassell midseason it was a bold move, and another reason that this team would have been better off keeping Billick. Billick wasn't going to pop some other guy in during the middle of the season and put all of that pressure on a new coordinator. Billick took over the job himself. Harbaugh is not capable of doing that. He doesn't know anything about running an offense or defense. It would be incredibly unfair to Caldwell to throw him in at the tail end of the season and expect major changes. Everyone with eyes knew that this past offseason was the time to fire Cam. His contract was even up. Last year the excuse was the lockout. This season there was no excuse.

By embarrased I really meant to say that the Ravens are going to lose the next four games and basically Biscotti will be embarrased by the results and as a result compelled to do something about it. I really hope I'm wrong - but I can't see the Ravens putting up wins against these teams (even the Redskins)

When you consider the fact that the Ravens have only had three or four solid offensive performances all year you begin to doubt their ability against young agressive teams. They only put up three field goals against the Chiefs in KC. They didn't score an offensive touchdown in San Diego. The barely beat Cleveland in the second game and they barely beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. What makes anyone think that the Ravens can win any of their remaining games.

They are going to need to prove me wrong before I believe again. This is a bad team and the worst is yet to come. What will come however is the REAL MUTINY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't see the Redskins or the Bengals being able to embarrass the Ravens. However, the Broncos and the Giants games could get ugly. If Charlie Batch could do what he did to the Ravens defense, then the Mannings could both have big days, especially if Suggs has a significant injury.

Blog Entries

At the very least I'd like Bisciotti to sit down with Harbaugh right now (if not sooner) & say something like this:

John, I know you think the surest route to the postseason is by playing low-risk football, and it's served us well over the last few years. You don't have to remind me how close we came to going to the Super Bowl last January.

But from what I've seen, we don't have the personnel for that to be a winning formula for the rest of this season. After all the injuries, our players are not better than our opponents' and they are on the whole not as talented. Our plays and formations are being read like a book and every adjustment our coordinators make is slow to materialize, easily anticipated & quickly neutralized.

We're lucky to be in a position where one more win will almost surely get us into the playoffs. But without a bit of luck, we could easily lose them all. Every one of our future opponents is a playoff-caliber team. Even if through some quirk in the standings we still got to play in January, I can't imagine any Ravens fan who would be happy to limp into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak, or expect anything but disappointment once we did. I sure wouldn't. And while it's possible for one or more of the remaining games to fall into our laps & punch our ticket, backing in by a fluke would be almost as distasteful, & it's unreliable as well. We've already had a big helping of good luck this year.

I and I think most Ravens fans would rather see us go down with guns blazing than to crabcrawl into the postseason & a probable exit in the first round.

Now is the time to open things up & trust your players to make plays. If they can't, we need to know that going forward. It's time to start taking measured risks even though it's not how you'd rather play. And if your coordinators have any plans or plays in their back pockets they've been saving for the playoffs, it's time to think about taking them out & using them, because if we don't leave it all out on the field in December we may never get to January.

If you think this is wrong, then tell me what you think is the right plan. I'd be happy if you can convince me there's a better alternative available.

(Yeah, I wrote another book. It's not a bug, it's a feature--get used to it.)

Blog Entries

they should at this point , thiS play not to lose shit is down right fucking ridiculous, this shit has to get some people fired how the fuck does piss pees not blitz a 38yr old QB? you have your corners playing 15yrd off the fucking ball? Pees should be fired after that bullshit, fuck even mattison did better than that. Then you got killa cam yeeeaahhhhhh!!! fuck him he needs to go this fucking loss was embarassing to say the least A 38YR OLD FUCKING QB WHO CAN'T THROW SHIT OVER 20YRDS???? SOMEONE SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.