Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The class of the Baltimore Ravens Organization.

I thought I would point out a couple of things those that didn't go to the game may not have seen or known, that shows exactly how much class this organization really has:

1) For the first time in at least a while that I can remember, the Ravens introduced the Special Teams today (and the pro-bowlers). I think they have done it before when Matt Stover reached a milestone, but today they got the honors of the intros. I thought that was a class move considering guys like Sam Koch, Matt Stover, and Jameel McClain are some of the unsung heroes of this team this year.

2) The tribute to the Colts/Giants "Greatest Game" was phenominal. Watching Lenny Moore and Artie Donovan on the field was a wonderful sight to see. And no way in hell any of them would go to Indy to commemorate that game. Not that the Indy Colts would ever recognize that. They love to have our stats and records. But they'll never have our players.

Anyway, just some absolutely classy moves by the Ravens today. Makes me proud to be a PSL owner.

Thumbs up Re: The class of the Baltimore Ravens Organization.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I thought that was a class move considering guys like Sam Koch, Matt Stover, and Jameel McClain are some of the unsung heroes of this team this year.
    definitely unsung heroes, I wasn't there today but I am glad they did this as well. Thanks for the report.

Re: The class of the Baltimore Ravens Organization.

I thought I would point out a couple of things those that didn't go to the game may not have seen or known, that shows exactly how much class this organization really has:

1) For the first time in at least a while that I can remember, the Ravens introduced the Special Teams today (and the pro-bowlers). I think they have done it before when Matt Stover reached a milestone, but today they got the honors of the intros. I thought that was a class move considering guys like Sam Koch, Matt Stover, and Jameel McClain are some of the unsung heroes of this team this year.

2) The tribute to the Colts/Giants "Greatest Game" was phenominal. Watching Lenny Moore and Artie Donovan on the field was a wonderful sight to see. And no way in hell any of them would go to Indy to commemorate that game. Not that the Indy Colts would ever recognize that. They love to have our stats and records. But they'll never have our players.

Anyway, just some absolutely classy moves by the Ravens today. Makes me proud to be a PSL owner.
    Great Post. I am also a PSL holder and yeah I am old enough and proud to say that I was a Colt Season Ticket holder. I was just 1 year old when the Colts won the World Championship but I grew up to realize that guys like Unitas, Berry, Moore, Donovan were class and I believe our owner realizes that too because what they did today was special. I understand that not only did Biscotti bring back the Colts but also many Giants for a terrific reception last night. You said it best, CLASS. In an era when windbags like Jerry Jones and Danny Snyder get all the pub on ESPN, our owner stays behind the scenes and runs a class organization. Well done Ravens!! Let's go get 4 wins.

While I wasn't alive in 1958, I was raised on the Colts by my Dad, & was a Colts fan until they were stolen in 84 when I was 16. The Ravens are all class in how they do things & I too am proud to be a PSL/Season Ticket Owner.

I do wish the band had played the Colts fight song & the Ravens had given away a nice memento to commerate the anniversary though.
    Last edited by PARavensJeff; 12-29-2008 at 02:28 AM.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I agree as well being a PSL owner since 1996 this was absolutely done with class and to know the Ravens and the owner paid for these guys to be here for this says even more how much class they have and also that the owner SB was a huge Baltimore Colts fan as well!!!! I am proud to be Ravens season tix holder

Did anyone else notice Lightning Lenny Moore bouncing on his toes when he was shown on the JumboTron as if he was loosening up to take a couple of handoffs from Joe Flacco?:D

That shit sent chills up my spine, especially the ovation for my personal favorite old school Baltimore Colt, Art Donovan!

Who cares about respect at this point?

I'll take a win in Miami next week over respect any day.

Not that the Indy Colts would ever recognize that. They love to have our stats and records. But they'll never have our players.

Well said. I'm so glad that the Ravens celebrate the Baltimore past. I saw Todd Heap being interviewed lately and he said that the players were aware of and embraced the Baltimore Colt football heritage. Not exactly in those words but the meaning was clear.

Remember not so long ago when Johnny U. would watch the Ravens games from the sidelines?When the camera caught him he'd get a huge ovation.

The ovation for Art was unbelievable....from what i could see he was chocked up with tears in his eyes. It was also classy for them to invite the families of the deceased members too.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Did anyone else notice Lightning Lenny Moore bouncing on his toes when he was shown on the JumboTron as if he was loosening up to take a couple of handoffs from Joe Flacco?:D

That shit sent chills up my spine, especially the ovation for my personal favorite old school Baltimore Colt, Art Donovan!
    Did you see the jumping heel click he did too? I agree, he looked like he was ready to suit up!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

Lenny was at our tailgate yesterday, as always, but this time he brought his whole family. I tried to let them know just how much we, and all the Ravens fans appreciate Lenny, and how I always brag about him coming to our tailgate parties.... and I got the feeling that they don't hear it enough! Hopefully the ceremony gave them the proof they needed that Lenny is much loved here!!!! I got to meet his daughters and several people whose names I didn't catch. He never mentioned the half-time event, but he was especially "up", and with his whole family with him, I knew there must be something brewing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Lenny was at our tailgate yesterday, as always, but this time he brought his whole family. I tried to let them know just how much we, and all the Ravens fans appreciate Lenny, and how I always brag about him coming to our tailgate parties.... and I got the feeling that they don't hear it enough! Hopefully the ceremony gave them the proof they needed that Lenny is much loved here!!!! I got to meet his daughters and several people whose names I didn't catch. He never mentioned the half-time event, but he was especially "up", and with his whole family with him, I knew there must be something brewing!!!!

That is so freakin cool!! I bet if we had suited him up that Lenny could've scored a TD when we had the ball on the 2 yard line after Joe's big bomb to Clayton...:respect