Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ Hensley

Re: LOL @ Hensley

This is his job to be objective and I don't see the big deal with an opinion based story.

Blog Entries

About 70 % of NFLN analyses pick the Ravens to WIN the division, everyone else predicts at least a wild card spot. Just proves what Hensley is really trying to do, especially when you have biased Steeler analysts picking us to win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    This is his job to be objective and I don't see the big deal with an opinion based story.
    That's just it - he's not being objective. He's instead trying to prove to everyone that he's not a Ravens homer. He's been doing this since he joined ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    That's just it - he's not being objective. He's instead trying to prove to everyone that he's not a Ravens homer. He's been doing this since he joined ESPN.
    Maybe you can point to something specific in the piece thats not objective?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maybe you can point to something specific in the piece thats not objective?
    It's not so much in this case, I honestly think this particular article would be fair coming from someone else, but because it's Hensley who has proven in the recent past to have been writing pretty much nothing but negative things about the Ravens, it's just him yet again trying to say to the Steeler fan base that he isn't a homer for the Ravens.

I have two questions for those who go ballistic at this kind of stuff.

What were your predictions for the Ravens in 2007 and then in 2008?

Did anyone pick the 2007 team to be remotely close to 5-11?

Did anyone pick the 2008 team to remotely close to 11-5 and make it to within a play or two of the Super Bowl?

I think we all know the answers to those questions.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I
    Did anyone pick the 2008 team to remotely close to 11-5 and make it to within a play or two of the Super Bowl?

PP
    yes. I argued with you for many pages about how much better the team would look.
    Hensley has a pessimistic slant on almost every raven article I have read on the espinoza page.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's just the same old schtick from him. That's all.

I totally think that the Ravens could very well have a down year. I don't think it's likely given the obvious improvement with Flacco, Torrey, and Boldin, but if the Ravens were to finish say 8-8 or 9-7 and place 3rd in the division, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hensley just says the same damn thing every week. IMO he is almost as bad as the guys like Jaime Dukes and Heath Evans who completely ignore things to put a negative spin on the Ravens simply because they're not a fan. Contrarians for the sake of being contrary with very little journalistic quality to anything they really say.
    For example, the way that Jamie Dukes brings up Joe Flacco's career playoff numbers, in order to neglect the reality that Joe's numbers have improved in the playoffs, the past two seasons. Then, in a game where he threw two TDs and no interceptions, behind a line that did hardly anything positive, Dukes just says that Joe played terrible (The Houston game).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    yes. I argued with you for many pages about how much better the team would look.
    Hensley has a pessimistic slant on almost every raven article I have read on the espinoza page.
    Even you weren't that optimistic.

And you weren't here before the 2007 season.

I'll go ahead and assume your preseason prediction wasn't 5-11.

PP

Even you weren't that optimistic.

And you weren't here before the 2007 season.

I'll go ahead and assume your preseason prediction wasn't 5-11.

PP
    I was not as optimistic under the former hc, but no my 2007 prediction was more like 11-5 than the opposite.
    Anything can happen and predictions and the debates are a fun part of it.
    JH just seems Evans or dukes like in his consistent negative approach to the purple.

:T2:

Blog Entries

What were your predictions for the Ravens in 2007 and then in 2008?

Did anyone pick the 2007 team to be remotely close to 5-11?

PP
    2007, I never saw that coming but 2008, I had us at either 9-7 or 10-6. I never thought they'd repeat 2007. In 2007 the Ravens had far to many injuries to overcome.

Who is going "ballistic"?

I'm pretty sure my thread title points out that I was getting a chuckle out of it :)