Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: London plans

London plans

Firstly, thanks to Tony for allowing me to post about this...

Some of you may know me or be aware after 10 years in Baltimore, I've been back in England since 2011. Last year I set up a travel company here in the UK, focusing on vacations to America based around US sports events. I had a couple of my old tailgating buddies contact me in January when it was announced the Ravens were playing in London to see if I could help out with some ground arrangements. Turns out the package I put together met with their and a few others' approval. It involves nice hotel accommodations (4 nights @Doubletree by Hilton Hyde Park) and breakfast, private London Bus tour of the city, Saturday night party (more about this later), coach transport to/from Wembley, tickets to the game and Monday trip to/tour of Windsor Castle. So on that note, I do still have eight spots left - should any of you be interested please contact me ASAP - running at $1195 per person (double occupancy). If you need more details on my company, website is here.

If you've made your own arrangements with regard to a lot of above but are still looking for some stuff to fill the time, then we could accommodate you on both the bus tour and trip to Windsor - again contact me if interested in those standalone elements and I can get some pricing to you. My email is ben@touchdowntrips.com

Finally, we've been talking with Tony about getting together with RSRers in London for Saturday night shin-diggery. Final details are pending, but the aim is to get a great bunch of Ravens fans - including a whole load of UK and Irish Ravens - together for a great evening. I do have a place on hold before anyone asks, and it's pretty sweet, but we're also waiting on news of another potential venue before we put the final details up. Let me know if you'd be up for that and if you'd like to be added to a mailing list about developments, then send your details over to me on above contact and I'll add you to the list.

Cheers all!

Re: London plans

Glad to see you're doing well and thanks for putting this together!

Count me in for an RSR meet up!

Thanks for organizing this.

Count on Mr. & Mrs. T as two very excited participants. We've been looking forward to the Ravens London trip for a decade. We are looking forward to meeting up with the other 40 or so US Ravens fans in this venture - hopefully many from the message board - plus our friends from the UK :uk: & Ireland :ire: who have been coming to Baltimore for years, plus new European fans.

:greece -- :usa:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Thanks guys and look forward to seeing you both in London!

FYI we do also arrange local breaks and excursions, so if any of you would like me to look into any of following:

* Trip to Paris, Bruge, Amsterdam etc on Eurostar and a night or two in a nice hotel
    * European attractions added to above such as Palace of Versaille, Flanders Field Museum, etc
    * Trip to Harry Potter Experience + hotel
    * Train to and accommodation in most major UK cities
    * Theatre/sports event/attraction + hotel in London before or after game weekend
    * Trip to theme park (such as Alton Towers) or zoo + hotel
    * Plus far more things than I can list here

Just give me a shout and glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Thanks guys and look forward to seeing you both in London!

FYI we do also arrange local breaks and excursions, so if any of you would like me to look into any of following:

* Trip to Paris, Bruge, Amsterdam etc on Eurostar and a night or two in a nice hotel
    * European attractions added to above such as Palace of Versaille, Flanders Field Museum, etc
    * Trip to Harry Potter Experience + hotel
    * Train to and accommodation in most major UK cities
    * Theatre/sports event/attraction + hotel in London before or after game weekend
    * Trip to theme park (such as Alton Towers) or zoo + hotel
    * Plus far more things than I can list here

Just give me a shout and glad to help.
    Man, I wish I had more time so I could do some of these things! Right now, I am basically doing a long weekend for the game and coming right back.

We're all set for accomodations/ticket/plans, but you can put us in for the get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    We're all set for accomodations/ticket/plans, but you can put us in for the get together.
    Same for us, but we're in for the gathering.. was hesitant at first, but now looking forward to meeting up and painting the place PURPLE with a "few" of our friends!

We just booked a flat in Notting Hill for a week. We will definitely be in on meeting up with everyone. And FellsPointRaven I may be PMing you about some possible activities during our week. Thanks!
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    We just booked a flat in Notting Hill for a week. We will definitely be in on meeting up with everyone. And FellsPointRaven I may be PMing you about some possible activities during our week. Thanks!
    Sounds good - just PM me with any queries/requests.

Flat in Notting Hill, eh? Getting all Hugh Grant on us! It's a great area, you'll love it.

I cannot wait until I get to London so I can try .... pizza?

https://www.facebook.com/damichelelondon/

My wife and I went to the original da'Michele in Naples on on our honeymoon and was absolutely floored! Hands down and by far, the best pizza on the planet. Rumor is their starter dough is over 150 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I cannot wait until I get to London so I can try .... pizza?

https://www.facebook.com/damichelelondon/

My wife and I went to the original da'Michele in Naples on on our honeymoon and was absolutely floored! Hands down and by far, the best pizza on the planet. Rumor is their starter dough is over 150 years old.
    No kidding! I have serious questions as to whether they will be able to match the quality of the Naples location. (There aren't quality tomatoes growing right up the hill from London.) But I'm dying to do the comparison. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I am betting the London location will NOT match the $5/pie price tag of the Naples location.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    No kidding! I have serious questions as to whether they will be able to match the quality of the Naples location. (There aren't quality tomatoes growing right up the hill from London.) But I'm dying to do the comparison. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I am betting the London location will NOT match the $5/pie price tag of the Naples location.
    Well, if they even come a tad close, it will be worth the trip for lunch.

Yeah, being in London, the price will be considerably higher.