Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Smith

Troy Smith

Debut Footage!

I'll admit I always liked Troy Smith. I'll also admit at first I wanted to draft him first day, then realized the reasons for concern, but was thrilled with his selection.

The guy just has "it" in terms of whatever it takes to play QB. Outside the bad game at the national championship, the guy knows how to make plays. Pocket breaks down? So what, even in college he made plays outside the pocket.

At any rate, I was thrilled to see the progress Smith made from the preseason until this playing time.

Personally, I'd love to see him start against Miami. What does the team have to lose? If Smith is lightning in a bottle, see what he does the rest of the year. If he plays well, then suddenly the QB problem is solved. I figure there is nothing to lose. As far as confidence, Smith is resilient, I wouldn't worry about him being "shaken" like Kyle Boller. Smith plays well when things break down. Let him play! :hammer:

Re: Troy Smith

Thanks for posting that ER, I was fast asleep for that part of the game.

Go ahead, play him the rest of the way. Why the heck not. Or don't. ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Exiled, I believe you and I are the only ones that wanted to see what Smith could do earlier in the year. We were chastised for it, why I do not know. I agree, he should see at least 'a half' of playing time for the remaining games....

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Exiled, I believe you and I are the only ones that wanted to see what Smith could do earlier in the year. We were chastised for it, why I do not know. I agree, he should see at least 'a half' of playing time for the remaining games....
    While I never chastised anyone, I thought he was not ready for the speed of the NFL. I am beginning to round the corner on that thought process.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    While I never chastised anyone, I thought he was not ready for the speed of the NFL. I am beginning to round the corner on that thought process.
    I wasn't thinking of you when I said that, but many people used that thought process when thinking of him as a NFL QB. Tony Romo got his shot early in the year for the Cowboys last year and look whats happened. Am I saying Troy Smith is as good as Tony Romo? No. But we'll never know how he'll do in game situations unless he's thrown to the wolves! Give the kid a shot and see what happens.....WHATS IT GOING TO HURT AT THIS POINT? Its not like we expect much of him anyway and we don't have much money tied up either.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I wasn't thinking of you when I said that, but many people used that thought process when thinking of him as a NFL QB. Tony Romo got his shot early in the year for the Cowboys last year and look whats happened. Am I saying Troy Smith is as good as Tony Romo? No. But we'll never know how he'll do in game situations unless he's thrown to the wolves! Give the kid a shot and see what happens.....WHATS IT GOING TO HURT AT THIS POINT? Its not like we expect much of him anyway and we don't have much money tied up either.....
    Exactly, and if Smith works out....guess what! No need to take a 1st round QB and the team can grab a CB, DE, explosive WR first day.

If Smith is only mediocre, then sure, he can be a backup and Boller can get cut if there isn't a signing bonus present (especially if Mac9 comes back)

Ok what the hell. Let's start the chant.

"WE WANT SMITH!!! WE WANT SMITH!!! WE WANT SMITH!!!"

We can have a fan club.

I don't know what purpose it would serve, but at this point, why the hell not.

I will propose the name Supporting the Playing Of Troy Smith, or SPOTS.

:toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Why not indeed!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Love it! I expect ER will want in for sure. First five to sign up get their first ten posts free.

Dave first round's on me.
    Festivus

Lets see if this puppy has some wheels. Maybe you will start a signature revolution.

Oh heck why not. It sure beats having to see all my Steeler and Browns friends today....

Festivus and Dave, I owe you both a round.

I think we should give Boller another season.