Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Time to face facts

Who came through when the clock was winding down? Joe Flacco, as usual. I Know some of you think we should win every game 55-0,but it is what it is. Be happy we won and the Steelers lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Then you're definition of great back up is a stupidly high bar that only one team ever reached.
    What is wrong with having a high round backup that you can mold into a future starter? Better than having some 6th round cast off who will only ever be a clip board holder.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've been saying it since the end of last season. The Ravens will be judged based on what they do in the playoffs. Regular season record only matters if they don't make the playoffs. They need to get 1 game further in the playoffs than they did last year for the season to be a success.
    1 game and two wins further!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This thread is one steaming giant pile of monkey poo.
    Fixed that for you!

Always interesting to see who posts what. Normally the same people who like to hate on Flacco and the Ravens team.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 11-25-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey, where is RHARRIS HAHAHAHAHAAH?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    hey, where is rharris hahahahahaah?
    roflmao!!

If this makes sense but it seems like when the Ravens fall behind n needs a score they get things rolling but if they have a lead or a tie nothings works. What makes the offense different? Is it play calling? Is Flacco taking more risk if so why not play that way for 4 quarters. The series where the kicked the FG to tie the game it's like they stop attacking and settle for OT n the same thing happened in OT.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    What is wrong with having a high round backup that you can mold into a future starter? Better than having some 6th round cast off who will only ever be a clip board holder.
    You take a qb high only when you A. Have an aging Qb nearing the end of his run, or B. Are disatisfied with your QB play.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Because that was the model used up until the last decade. Now, when you spend a high round draft pick on a QB, he is expected to be a producer immediately. They just aren't doing it the way you are speaking of anymore.

Well, it sure does suck that the Ravens are 8-3 now. Glad I didn't have to watch the rest of the game after reading the insightful posts about the Ravens demise in this thread - way before the freaking fat lady sang!

:grbac:

I will say though, I was displeased and dejected about the state of the game when Harbs opted to go for it instead of putting up a 99% sure 3 points on a 30 yard field goal in a close game. That was stupid and you could tell he was thinking the same thing when they showed him on the sidelines afterwards. And, then when the Ravens faced 4th and 29... I was bullshit. But funny how Ray Rice turned everything around on its ass!

The Ravens need to stay focused on the dink and dunk short passing game - quick slants, crossing routes, outlets - and do most of it over the middle and down the seams, not outside. Mix in some hammering in the middle by Ray Rice, then some play action. Pass first, but short, then run, and then after a couple of scores patiently go long every once in a while. If the Ravens just stick with that shorter game they are going to tear teams up.

The problem is the Ravens dont wake up until their backs are up against the wall in most games. They rarely play in attack mode, but rather in not to lose mode. They got lucky today, but this has to stop on the season will end in the playoffs in a game like today but on the losing side. No passion, trickery or taking an opponets weaknesses into consideration for game planning. Cameron sucks period and Joe acts like a P***y for large stretches. He is what he is an average/inconsistent QB. He'll have bad games, good games and average games= Average Joe.