Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Lord...Jerome Bettis is now one of the co hosts of NFL Live

As if we needed any more Steeler ballwashers in the media. I mean really are there no other former players that are qualified? Am I going to have to hear his fat ass every damn day when I just want a quick NFL update? Looks like it.

ESPN is such a garbage channel at this point if they aren't careful they are going to lose what little credibility they have left. They just cater to large fanbases and that is it, even with their hires these days. The Tebow coverage is a complete joke, but again it is all about the numbers and he pushes the needle, like the former Steelers apparently.

7 minutes in and he is acting as Harrison's defense attorney, who could have figured that out.

It must be nice to have a huge platform like that to drive public perception about an issues you have a vested, biased interest in. I bet the Steelers do backflips every time one of these clowns are given a job on TV.

Re: Good Lord...Jerome Bettis is now one of the co hosts of NFL Live

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    As if we needed any more Steeler ballwashers in the media. I mean really are there no other former players that are qualified? Am I going to have to hear his fat ass every damn day when I just want a quick NFL update? Looks like it.

ESPN is such a garbage channel at this point if they aren't careful they are going to lose what little credibility they have left. They just cater to large fanbases and that is it, even with their hires these days. The Tebow coverage is a complete joke, but again it is all about the numbers and he pushes the needle, like the former Steelers apparently.

7 minutes in and he is acting as Harrison's defense attorney, who could have figured that out.

It must be nice to have a huge platform like that to drive public perception about an issues you have a vested, biased interest in. I bet the Steelers do backflips every time one of these clowns are given a job on TV.

Just accept the fact that the Steelers are perfect and that Tim Tebow is already an all time great, don't fight it just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

WTF is fat Jesus doing back on the air? He can't talk and offers no insight. Oh yeah, he's a Steeler so that means he knows more about football (and how to ball wash BNG) then any of us mere mortals can comprehend.

Just don't watch ESPN anymore. It's really not worth it. I'm pretty sure it kills brain cells.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

NFL network seems to exist solely to employ washed up former players. They really need to hire some professional broadcasters and get rid of these guys who can barely pronounce two syllable words.

Come on, Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Even Woodson seems a little dim. Marshall Faulk is the only guy I have seen that gives any kind of indication that there is a light on upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    NFL network seems to exist solely to employ washed up former players. They really need to hire some professional broadcasters and get rid of these guys who can barely pronounce two syllable words.

Come on, Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Even Woodson seems a little dim. Marshall Faulk is the only guy I have seen that gives any kind of indication that there is a light on upstairs.
    Irvin and Sanders are entertaining if nothing else.

Woodon coaches the db's on the Raiders but he was good in his role.

Like 'em or not, they know the game.

Bettis is on ESPN and as usual is sucking Steeler balls like a $2 inbred.

Good addition. Well done ESPN.

They had him plastered all over the 6pm Sportscenter as well.

I was just watching to see what they had to say about our Pennsylvania pedo Jerry Sandusky.

Can't wait for the NBC Sports Channel to start after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can't wait for the NBC Sports Channel to start after the first of the year.
    Love Sportstalk but I always forget about it. I need to program my brain to remember it is on and there is another option. There are very few NFL shows on versus/NBC, they need to expand that content with other shows.

Bettis will probably wrongfully get into the HOF before Curtis Martin.

Another Steeler homer in the media, just what we need. As George Carlin said, " BS is rampant ".

I keep it tuned to NFL Network, whether in the house or the car with XM. Finally caught The Coaches Show. Great show. Billick seems to be angling for a shot at coaching again and with Mora gone to UCLA, I'm not sure what happens in the future.

Also interested to see what'll happen with NBC Sports Network. Will MMA still be on there once it's no longer Versus?
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present