Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cornerback depth chart without Webb

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Jimmy Smith now listed as starting cornerback on depth chart with Chykie Brown backing him up. Corey Graham listed as backup to Cary Williams
    Looks like Brown will be playing the slot.

Re: Cornerback depth chart without Webb

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I wonder who will be #5? Asa Jackson?

Also this: "Ravens made it official, Bobby Rainey on active roster, Lardarius Webb placed on injured reserve."

???? This confuses me a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    "Ravens made it official, Bobby Rainey on active roster, Lardarius Webb placed on injured reserve."

Don't see what is confusing.

They filed the paperwork to make it "official".

"Ravens made it official, Bobby Rainey on active roster, Lardarius Webb placed on injured reserve."

What's so confusing about it. Rainey was on the practice squad so he got promoted to take Webb's place. We need 53 guys on the roster, 45 on gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What's so confusing about it. Rainey was on the practice squad so he got promoted to take Webb's place. We need 53 guys on the roster, 45 on gameday.
    Yeah.. I know it's complicated and most likely whoever gets called up would unlikely even dress on most Sundays... but I just would have assumed that someone would have been called up on the Defensive side of the ball for depth.

It just seems odd that they would bring up a 4th RB when 2 defenders went down and you have Bynes, Hamilton, and Brown on PS. I assume one of those guys will come in to fill Ray's roster spot.

Yeah.. I know it's complicated and most likely whoever gets called up would unlikely even dress on most Sundays... but I just would have assumed that someone would have been called up on the Defensive side of the ball for depth.
    Well, we're essentially replacing a special teamer in terms of the 53 - Smith replaces Webb, Graham or Chykie replaces Smith and since Graham or Chykie needs replacing, you can draft in anyone you want for depth on ST as your position doesn't matter. We already had a few corners - not even including Asa who was usually a healthy scratch.

It just seems odd that they would bring up a 4th RB when 2 defenders went down and you have Bynes, Hamilton, and Brown on PS. I assume one of those guys will come in to fill Ray's roster spot.
    I had a feeling you were thinking that. You know Harbaugh. He loves guys that can play special teams too and Rainey fits that description.

Didn't realize that Chykie was 6'0" about 200 pounds, that's three big CB's in the nickel package.

Blog Entries

They activated Suggs for the defensive side of the ball even though he probably won't be active until after the bye.

Blog Entries

I doubt many thought Webb would turn into the player he did when given his chance.

That is the thing about sports, the next great player could be sitting right on your bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post

Why are you assuming Brown will be in the slot?

Pretty sure Graham will be in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why are you assuming Brown will be in the slot?

Pretty sure Graham will be in that spot.
    Just assumed Graham was mainly a special teamer, no other reason.

This wasn't posted at the time I made that comment....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...5-e6c1096f4954

Got me.