Page 196 of 333 FirstFirst ... 194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,352 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Bailey was on Torrey Smith and San Fran's secondary was torched late in the year.
    Yeah, like by your boy Greg Jennings?

Bailey is a horrible example, mainly because he had a HORRIBLE game against us, you could say that he was the worse corner on the field that day. Chris Harris the other corner, had a fantastic year, and was beaten over the middle by Boldin in the 2nd half quite a lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just another example of just how underrated Boldin is, and how people are obsessed with 40 times and speed.
    Who said anything about that?

Dude, stop getting defensive when people disagree with you.

Boldin is a fantastic receiver in his own right, but James Jones is a lot faster than he is. I dont think Jones could ever be as effective as a slot guy like Boldin is. Just two different skill sets.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton, and Jordan Matthews just to name a few.

Jordan Matthews returned to school
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_all-sec.html[/QUOTE]

Bummer.

He could be a good one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who said anything about that?

Dude, stop getting defensive when people disagree with you.

Boldin is a fantastic receiver in his own right, but James Jones is a lot faster than he is. I dont think Jones could ever be as effective as a slot guy like Boldin is. Just two different skill sets.

Don't see how I'm getting defensive, just making sure people don't overlook just how great Boldin was in our superbowl run.

Blog Entries

Don't see how I'm getting defensive, just making sure people don't overlook just how great Boldin was in our superbowl run.
    Well, of course he was. Dont think anyone is saying that he wasnt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, of course he was. Dont think anyone is saying that he wasnt.

And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.

And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.
    If Boldin were on the Packers he'd be the #5 receiver. Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb would all play ahead of him. Are you seriously disputing that on the back of the fact that Greg Jennings wasn't that great against San Francisco in one game this year? This is a question of who's a better player overall right now, and you can't make that statement on the back of one game.

From top to bottom, what NFL team has a better group of wide receivers than the Packers? Seriously, answer that question, and give me 5 since you said they're "not even top 5." The Falcons have a good 1-2 punch for sure, and Julio Jones has the potential to be a top 5 receiver in the league, but the Packers go 4 deep. The Falcons have nothing outside of their top 2 guys and they're really shot if Tony Gonzalez retires. I'm also not sure how much longer Roddy White is going to stay good, while the Packers have 3 guys who are all elite and all 28 or younger.

And finally, nobody's trying to denigrate Anquan Boldin. He had a monster run in the playoffs, one of the best runs any WR has had in many years frankly. But is he going to dominate the league next year all year long? I kinda doubt it. I want him to stick around as much as anybody but he's no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or even Andre Johnson.

Blog Entries

Who was putting Finley up there with Gronk?

I will say that Finley is ridiculously athletic. He is basically a wide receiver in a 250lb body. However, he is very inconsistent. Bad hands. Bad routes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

If Boldin were on the Packers he'd be the #5 receiver. Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb would all play ahead of him. Are you seriously disputing that on the back of the fact that Greg Jennings wasn't that great against San Francisco in one game this year? This is a question of who's a better player overall right now, and you can't make that statement on the back of one game.

From top to bottom, what NFL team has a better group of wide receivers than the Packers? Seriously, answer that question, and give me 5 since you said they're "not even top 5." The Falcons have a good 1-2 punch for sure, and Julio Jones has the potential to be a top 5 receiver in the league, but the Packers go 4 deep. The Falcons have nothing outside of their top 2 guys and they're really shot if Tony Gonzalez retires. I'm also not sure how much longer Roddy White is going to stay good, while the Packers have 3 guys who are all elite and all 28 or younger.

And finally, nobody's trying to denigrate Anquan Boldin. He had a monster run in the playoffs, one of the best runs any WR has had in many years frankly. But is he going to dominate the league next year all year long? I kinda doubt it. I want him to stick around as much as anybody but he's no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or even Andre Johnson.
    He is a good fit for this team though. Especially as the slot.

I just read one of the worst mock drafts ever on Bleacher Report, dated February 8. It has the Ravens taking Shayne Skov (LB, Stanford) in the 2nd round. If I'm not mistaken, Skov declared in January that he was returning to Stanford for another year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I just read one of the worst mock drafts ever on Bleacher Report, dated February 8. It has the Ravens taking Shayne Skov (LB, Stanford) in the 2nd round. If I'm not mistaken, Skov declared in January that he was returning to Stanford for another year.
    There is your problem.. Bleacher Report. That site is a joke.

Bleacher Report: The anus of the sports media body.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt