Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How loud will the "Oh" be during the National Anthem next week?

As someone outside of Baltimore who has to watch all the games on TV, I love hearing that O and I also love hearing the 7 Nation Army Chant. I hope they can get that going on Sunday.

I will personally guarantee that I will be as loud as my voice will allow, both for the OH in the anthem and the 7 Nation Army chant. I know I will be doing it not only for myself, but for all of Ravens Nation that can't be there physically, but will be there in heart & spirit.

I hope that it's LOUD! There were not many of us Ravens fans at the Ravens/Broncos game, but I can tell you that the OH was loud and clear. It actually surprised me because there were so few us of there, as far I could see.

I don't understand this "oooo" part (I've seen this referenced in a Ravens blog too). Is this in the beginning if the anthem?
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I don't understand this "oooo" part (I've seen this referenced in a Ravens blog too). Is this in the beginning if the anthem?

OHHH say does that star spangled...

"O" is for the Orioles. long time Baltimore tradition. Lets the players know were are there too

Quote Originally Posted by BohBalmer View Post
    OHHH say does that star spangled...

"O" is for the Orioles. long time Baltimore tradition. Lets the players know were are there too
    Awesome. Thanks for explaining.

Love tidbits like this. Cheers! :D
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    I hope that it's LOUD! There were not many of us Ravens fans at the Ravens/Broncos game, but I can tell you that the OH was loud and clear. It actually surprised me because there were so few us of there, as far I could see.
    It doesn't take a lot since the stadium is usually pretty quiet. I have had some people in other cities tell me it is disrespectful but I figure it was written in Baltimore by a Baltimorean so its our song and we can sing it however we please. I hope somebody warns Alicia Keys though. That is something that could throw you off if you are not expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Also we're allowed to do it because it was written in Baltimore. That's my rule anyway.

POP QUIZ: where/when did the "O" chant in national anthem start?

answers?

Re: POP QUIZ: where/when did the "O" chant in national anthem start?

I remember it from the 1970's, when the Orioles had winning seasons every season. I'm pretty sure it was around the same time as Wild Bill Hagy was spelling out O R I O L E S from section 52(?). The glory days of the O's, because it's not just O, it's O's!

Win a free beer from a 49ers fan by betting they are going to sing a song about Baltimore's defence before the game. You can collect on that bet when they sing the National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    answers?
    I think it was a british seaman who when he saw his fellow british soldiers fleeing in disarray back from their failed attack...made this remark,"O MY! Why that loud boom made me shat myself".