Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Nothing I can say will change your mind about Flacco. Someone less biased than you are would clearly see my point.
    This is precious irony!

I may be the least biased guy on the forum with regards to Flacco. I defend him when he deserves it, and I insert reality into the conversation when people like you start tossing out tortuous arguments and haphazard excuses as to why there isn't a QB in the league that could do better than Joe on any particular play, in any particular game, over any particular season, etc.

I saw your points. In fact, I addressed every single one of them. You simply should have chosen Eli for your comparison, you wouldn't have as hard of a time defending it.

You are absolutely proving Tony's point. Like a rubber mallet to the knee, reasoned criticism or concern results in false accusations of "bias" and "hatred."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i used it because thats what bt calls joe, he sounds like joes mom LOL

e.g. "my joey is perfect he has no bad habits"
    This comment alone proves you are worthless for discussion purposes. Not only did I never say that, but it is completely ridiculous and childish. I made an assertion, supported it with factual evidence. End of story.

iggyman555 Guest

This comment alone proves you are worthless for discussion purposes. Not only did I never say that, but it is completely ridiculous and childish. I made an assertion, supported it with factual evidence. End of story.
    you didnt support anything. you started comparing ryan to flacco clearly missing the point of the thread. this was mentioned to you several times by a few posters.

p.s. this is a "Flacco's Bad Habit" thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    you didnt support anything. you started comparing ryan to flacco clearly missing the point of the thread. this was mentioned to you several times by a few posters.

p.s. this is a "Flacco's Bad Habit" thread
    bad habits are a by product of the QB and those around him, including OL, WR and RB. Everything I posted shows the correlation between these elements, and therefore is pertinent to the thread.

Or, at least more pertinent than repeated use of "joey" when referencing the QB of the ravens.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    This is precious irony!

I may be the least biased guy on the forum with regards to Flacco. I defend him when he deserves it, and I insert reality into the conversation when people like you start tossing out tortuous arguments and haphazard excuses as to why there isn't a QB in the league that could do better than Joe on any particular play, in any particular game, over any particular season, etc.

I saw your points. In fact, I addressed every single one of them. You simply should have chosen Eli for your comparison, you wouldn't have as hard of a time defending it.

You are absolutely proving Tony's point. Like a rubber mallet to the knee, reasoned criticism or concern results in false accusations of "bias" and "hatred."
    :word

Blog Entries

This article illustrates the rationale for my comments

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-a-lost-season

iggyman555 Guest

i do gotta give flacco credit for fixing his fumbling problems

Joey flacco sux and has never looked of a reciever ever.

This article illustrates the rationale for my comments

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-a-lost-season
    That doesn't illustrate anything. It starts with the point the two QBs are "linked" by circumstance, then attempts to find another "link" so the article has a point and JLC can submit some kind of required work product. And the "link" is tenuous. Both are 'struggling' whatever that means. But not equally.

It also was written after Ryan's two worst games by far, and even so, he had 15 TDs and 10 INTs at that point. Flacco had come off of his 2nd and 4th best games, and at that point had 10 TDs and 9 INTs.

Since then Ryan has 3 TDs and 2 INTs, and QB ratings of 84.5, 70.8 and 97.4, while Flacco got even worse with 3 TDs and 4 INTs, and QB ratings of 60.0 and 53.4. And this despite our O-line and running game playing better than at the time JLC wrote his piece.

The similarities are: drafted at same time, paid same amount of money, and struggling in 2013 relative to what we are used to (and no one is disputing any of this)....but not struggling to equal degrees, or playing at equal levels. Especially on 11/23/2013 instead of 11/4/2013.

Use Eli, trust me. And JLC would have also if his whole article was not predicated on the tired, old "forever hitched" argument.

Well a good read. Flacco has his problems. One I'm still hoping for is take some air out of deep ball and put that bad boy on a line. He doesn't pump fake, which I really hope one day he learn and feel comfortable doing that. I love Bree's pump fake! But Flacco bad habits hopefully will break before he retire. That would be sweet. I just hope he keep improving and being the Best QB he can be for the ravens.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

That doesn't illustrate anything.
    The similarities are: drafted at same time, paid same amount of money, and struggling in 2013 relative to what we are used to (and no one is disputing any of this)....but not struggling to equal degrees, or playing at equal levels. Especially on 11/23/2013 instead of 11/4/2013.
    You are contradicting yourself.

Either the article "doesn't illustrate anything" (YOUR WORDS), or the article illustrates both are "struggling in 2013 relative to what we are used to" (YOUR WORDS), which was CLEARLY the premise of my comments.

So which is it, does the article illustrate nothing or does it indeed illustrate they are struggling? You have said both, and thus have contradicted yourself.

And WHEN did I ever claim equal degrees of struggling ??? WHEN??? Please show me WHERE. I said both have poor OLs, poor run games, and lost weapons, and both are struggling. Never did I say they struggled to equal degrees. That would involve other parameters, like: Which QB has faced more top 10 passing defenses? Or: Which QB got to play 5 games with Julio Jones? Which QB plays in a dome? Which QB played in a monsoon? They have tons of reasons to not be equal.

Use Eli, trust me. And JLC would have also if his whole article was not predicated on the tired, old "forever hitched" argument.
    You can't even not contradict yourself. I'll stick to my premise, thanks.
    Last edited by bt12483; 11-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.

They are saying the same things about Matt Ryan in Atlanta. I guess Ryan and flacco just happened to regress in the same year? No.

They both have horrible OLs, poor run support and lack of trust in their WRs. Poor OL= rushed throws. Rushed throws = single read. Lack of trust in WRs = lack of chemistry, timing = more INTs.

It really isn't hard to see what is happening. Unless you believe both Ryan and flacco somehow forgot to how to play QB in the NFL.
    I don't even fight with people anymore Bt. It's like people will complain when Flacco throws to a covered receiver and the ball gets picked. Well I challenge anyone to show me a play where our receivers aren't covered. I think all of his TDs were squeezed into t very tight spot.