Blog Entries

Rookie Jersey #'s

Obviously, they're probably subject to change...

Asa Jackson will be wearing 25.

Tommy Streeter will be wearing 11.

Choices for Upshaw: 54, 56, 57, 71, 72, 79, 91, 93, 95, 96, & 98.

Since his college number was 41, I think he'll go for 91.

Choices for Osemele: 54, 56, 57, 63, 64, 65, 66, 69, 71, 72, & 79.

Since his college number was 72 and that jersey is available and his twitter handle is KOseventwo I think we know which jersey he'll take.

Choices for Pierce: 26 (If Emmanuel Cook gets cut), 30, 32, 33, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 45, & 48.

Since Pierce wore #30 in college and that jersey is available I'd expect him to go with that #.

Gino Gradkowski wore #56 in college and unless a LB takes that number (Chavis Williams is still wearing 47 and is a linebacker and Josh Bynes is wearing 49 and he is a linebacker as well), I think Gradkowski will try to wear #56 again.

Christian Thompson wore #33 at S.Carolina State and that number is available.

DeAngelo Tyson wore # 94 in college (Kindle's current number), so I could see him going for one of the other 90's. It'll be weird if he chooses 95 or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Rookie Jersey #'s

Baltimore Ravens ‏ @ThePurpleNation

@334Upshaw41 Been tweeting you courtney and still hoping on a reply. Retweet if your going to wear #91
    “@ShaunBarrio: @KOsevendeuce Hey KO, huge fan of yours from the UK. Thrilled you were drafted by my boy, Ozzie. You sticking with #72?” yea
    @BPierce_30
    and the kid still got #30!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Asa Jackson will be wearing 25.

Tommy Streeter will be wearing 11.

Choices for Upshaw ... I think he'll go for 91.

Choices for Osemele...his college number was 72 [/B][/I]

Choices for Pierce... wore #30 in college

Gino Gradkowski wore #56 in college

Christian Thompson wore #33 at S.Carolina State

I like to play the game, will he be the best-ever Ravens player to wear that number?

Here's who each has to beat if your early prediction is correct.

Asa Jackson, 25. Worn by Chris Carr, DeRon Jenkins, Evan Oglesby, and Clarence Love.

Tommy Streeter 11. Worn by Jeff Blake.

Courtney Upshaw 91. Worn by Lionel Dalton, Marques Douglas, Aubrayo Franklin and Brandon McKinney.

Kelechi Osemele 72. Worn by Damion Cook and Leon Searcy

Bernard Pierce 30. Worn by Obafemi Ayanbadejo, Eugene Daniel and Jamel White

Christian Thompson 33. Worn by Le’Ron McClain and Priest Holmes

So there are some beatable previous owners of those numbers on the list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I like to play the game, will he be the best-ever Ravens player to wear that number?

Here's who each has to beat if your early prediction is correct.

Asa Jackson, 25. Worn by Chris Carr, DeRon Jenkins, Evan Oglesby, and Clarence Love.

Tommy Streeter 11. Worn by Jeff Blake.

Courtney Upshaw 91. Worn by Lionel Dalton, Marques Douglas, Aubrayo Franklin and Brandon McKinney.

Kelechi Osemele 72. Worn by Damion Cook and Leon Searcy

Bernard Pierce 30. Worn by Obafemi Ayanbadejo, Eugene Daniel and Jamel White

Christian Thompson 33. Worn by Le’Ron McClain and Priest Holmes

So there are some beatable previous owners of those numbers on the list.
    #25 - Chris Carr wasn't a great Raven, but he definitely was solid. Asa Jackson has to prove he can hang before he can be considered on the same level as Chris Carr, IMO.

#11 - Streeter is going to have a lot of pressure on him anyway just because of how receiver starved Baltimore has been for YEARS. I actually think that Streeter can be a better player for Baltimore than Jeff Blake was though.

#91 - If Upshaw isn't or can't be better than Dalton, Douglas, Franklin, and McKinney then the Ravens have got some problems. Douglas was a good player once upon a time and Franklin didn't break out until he was with San Francisco and looking for a new contract.

#72 - KO should be better than Cook (who? ;) ) and Leon Searcy considering Searcy was never healthy enough to play.

#30 - Pierce has a clear path to be the best Raven to ever wear #30.

#33 - This one is interesting because Priest Holmes and Le'Ron McClain were both very good players. Holmes especially. Holmes didn't enjoy the best years of his career in Baltimore, but he was still a damn good player.

Official announcement made and the above guesses were all correct except for Gradkowski, who will go with 66 instead of 56.

Gradkowski will have to top Ben Grubbs now to be the best 66 ever. It was previously worn by Bennie Anderson and Tony Jones.

DeAngelo Tyson gets #93...so he'll need to top Dwan Edwards and Keith Washington, previous wearers of the number 93 jersey.

Official announcement made and the above guesses were all correct except for Gradkowski, who will go with 66 instead of 56.

Gradkowski will have to top Ben Grubbs now to be the best 66 ever. It was previously worn by Bennie Anderson and Tony Jones.

DeAngelo Tyson gets #93...so he'll need to top Dwan Edwards and Keith Washington, previous wearers of the number 93 jersey.
    Corey Redding also wore 93.

How quickly I forget. Thanks.

8. Re: Rookie Jersey #'s

I love Upshaw in 91. I hate it when players choose numbers or are assigned numbers that don't fit their name well. It's just this thing I have. For instance IMO Gradkowski doesn't look the best with 66, but in time I'm sure I'll get used to it. These rooks are going to have to step up big for us this year. Upshaw filling in for Suggs, Osemele and Gradkowski possibly starting at LG and providing much needed depth, Pierce being Ray's complimentary back. Then you look at the depth at safety and WR and see how we could really use a player to step up there. Even Asa Jackson, return guy possibly and even more depth at CB and DeAngelo Tyson who can compete for a spot on the DL. Usually we keep 6-7 DL so Tyson could make the squad. Don't forget about Bryan Hall either.

Official announcement made and the above guesses were all correct except for Gradkowski, who will go with 66.
    That's a hell of a number . . .

Blog Entries

Probably saving 56 for potentially one of the LB's who wore in the 40's last year (Bynes & Chavis Williams).