May not be ready for week 1.

As reported by Adam Caplan.

Re: McGahee Knee To Be Scoped

ERF!!!

“Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

May or may not be ready for week 1. Aaron Wilson says it will take 2 to 4 weeks to recover from. I'm confident he will be back in time.

If McGahee does miss any playing time its not the end of the world. Ray Rice was drafted for more than a 2nd string role.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Meaty View Post
    Bad knee to be scoped tomorrow.

May not be ready for week 1.

As reported by Adam Caplan.
    Thanks for the update..

If he misses week 1 it wont be the end of the world.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

FYI...RB free agents list:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab-set-1:tab-rb

Travis Henry is appealing.

IMO, if Willis misses all of camp and week one and doesn't tear it up this year he should be gone. This guy is a slacker.

FM

Travis Henry has legal problems and all sorts of other issues hanging over his head, hence Denver showed him the door. That list doesn't seem overly up to date either as I'm sure Mike Bell is in camp with the Texans.

Altogether not particularly rich pickings there, Ron Dayne (who I also think is in camp with the Texans) and Anthony Thomas look like the only names of even minimal worth on that list.

Willis needs a big year to stay here next year IMO. Cam's system is geared for a one back offense and he needs to step up and be the man in the backfield. If he has a subpar year then I think in 2009 he will be on the hotseat. If it's one week, not a big deal.

But I can see Willis coming back soft.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Willis needs a big year to stay here next year IMO. Cam's system is geared for a one back offense and he needs to step up and be the man in the backfield. If he has a subpar year then I think in 2009 he will be on the hotseat. If it's one week, not a big deal.

But I can see Willis coming back soft.

FM
    McGahee isn't going anywhere.

Not with that contract.

PP

I disagree that Cameron's offence is geared towards a one back system, it's geared towards what he's got. Any offence that has Tomlinson is going to be geared towards a one back system, because you simply don't take snaps off of him because he does everything so well. Even with as good a back up as Michael Turner Tomlinson was still playing at least 85% of plays per game, usually more. Last year in Miami at the start of the season Cameron was juggling Ronnie Brown and Jesse Chatman around, then he realised what he had with Brown (a top, top back) and he started seeing the lion's share of the carries. But when Brown went down he was back to rotating backs around.

I see no reason why we won't rotate backs, what we've got is a pair of good backs that aren't that good that you make them workhorses IMO, consequently you split the carries (not necessarily evenly) between them. To me there are very very few backs in the NFL who you can and should turn into workhorse backs, if your offensive system wants to create one back who plays 85% of snaps or more, then it's your offensive system that needs changing to me, not the back in your system.

To me backs are becoming less individually important at the moment in the NFL and very few of them are worth the massive contracts being handed out in some quarters. There's a plethora of good backs coming out of college who have a good, but not complete skill set (heck even Adrian Peterson hasn't shown the durability in college or his rookie season to be a workhorse back, he need someone to take around 25-40% of snaps from him), so you need more than one back in your offence at the mo. McGahee's contract is only one of the reasons for me why you don't get rid of him. That said he needs the boot of Harbaugh, Cameron, the HB coach, or a combination of the three squarely up his arse to get it back in gear and make sure last year's work ethic wasn't just a one year wonder.

Time will tell..but he needs a better year than last year IMO, to keep this guy around for the long term. With Rice and backs coming out of college every year it makes a guy like Willis less valuable unless he steps up.

Trust me...I want to see this guiy have a monster year, but his injuries and lack of work ethic have be doubting him at the moment.

FM