Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post

Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.
    Or maybe he would have coolly sidestepped the blitz and thrown a long pass downfield for a TD like he did in the Cleveland game. I don't know, and I'm not saying that McNair shouldn't have been our QB this year or that 13-3 wasn't due in a large part to McNair's presence this year.

However, personally, I think Boller learned a LOT from McNair this year, and would like to see a totally open QB competition in TC next year. I really think that Kyle is ready to be a top notch NFL QB. He has the tools, and I think if morons who call themselves "fans" would stop attacking him for not being perfect and giving him his due when he deserves it, along with a little fucking support for the QB of what they claim is their football team, he'd be OK mentally too. This is his 4th year, which is when most QBs bloom. He's finally had a year of learning from a veteran. 5 out of his last 6 game's he's looked SB caliber. I think he can do it.

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

I think after all the fans have a chance to let their emotions calm down. Yes McNair had a bad day. However a Heap fumble early set the tone. The bad call by the refs that Reed was out of bounds on the INT. LOOK THINGS DIDN'T GO WELL BUT THE OL WAS OFF ALSO AND THE RUNNING GAME NEVER REALLY GOT STARTED. We had a great season and we made the playoffs. For now McNair is still our answer until Kyle gets better or we get another QB.

Be safe to everyone in the off season and please still show your RAVENS pride.

SPORTS STEVE

Wink Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

You don't like $33 million? Sorry, but that's the amount of his contract. About a $7 million cap hit. Spin it any way you want: we are stuck with his multi-million cap hit for 2007, for the NFL's 14th ranked QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer. :insane:
    The more correct analogy would be driving your broken down '56 Edsel, running on its last cylinder and ready for the scrap heap, to a new electric car that has potential to take you places, but hasn't been adequately tested.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

4. Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

You know what else is absurd? Throwing the ball from shotgun at the 5 yard line. They have the WORST run D in the league. If Jamal doesn't get in, we at least get a chance for 3, and somewhat boosts the players confidence. That first McNair pick set the tone for the whole game. They went down that field for nothing.

Also, WTF was Billick thinking throwing the damn ball on 1st and 2nd down, when we were down by only 6 at that point??? Our run game was doing well, and he basically ran the offense like Fassel! Jamal was doing well against their defense, so why not continue? Stick to what works. The passing game DIDN'T WORK.
    Pittsburgh's all rusty, Cincinnati's a jungle, and Cleveland's gone to the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You don't like $33 million? Sorry, but that's the amount of his contract. About a $7 million cap hit. Spin it any way you want: we are stuck with his multi-million cap hit for 2007, for the NFL's 14th ranked QB.

I try and deal with facts. It's 32 million BTW.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2478265

The contract signed by quarterback Steve McNair with the Baltimore Ravens is for five years with a maximum value of $32 million, but from a practical standpoint, the deal for the former Tennessee Titans star is structured more as a three-year contract that will pay him $20 million.
    Even if the Ravens were to keep McNair around for 5 years at 32 million it's a better deal than Kyle Boller at 5 years -20 million plus a first and second round draft pick.

Steve Young made a point early in the year. "Once a quarterback gets 30 starts in this league you see what you're going to get". I'd agree but you don't have to.

What's next, the Ravens owe Jamal Lewis 26 million? It's all good T.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 01-14-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Even if the Ravens were to keep McNair around for 5 years at 32 million it's a better deal than Kyle Boller at 5 years -20 million plus a first and second round draft pick.
    That's the one thing that really bugs me when people bring that up, we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder to get a first round selection. Consequently the net loss was a 2nd rounder, not a 1st and 2nd rounder as some would have you believe.

I tried to tell everyone McNair is a heartbreaker, but was shouted down.
    Just another example of why he was and still is a loser.
    Takes you to the edge and leaves you hanging.

sad

I look at it as Vince Wilfork (2004 first) and a 2003 second round pick to acquire Boller but like any thing there's many ways to look at it.

I have confidence in the front office to get this straight.

I agree, about Boller.

I also agree that had he started the game and literally the game went the same exact way (same plays called, passes thrown, and all in all just Boller in there instead of McNair)...that he probably would have been physically attacked on his way out of the stadium.

There is a double standard.

That being said...if there was ever a type of game when Boller would have struggled mightily, it was this one...there was pressure on every passing down.

McNair really has struggled most of the year. Most of us noticed it against Cleveland and San Diego despite winning those 2 games.

When he is bad, he's really really bad.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Ravens do in the off season. They can take 1 of 2 approaches:

1. Try to keep the team intact as much as possible and try one more time next year (like they did in 2001).

2. Slowly dismantle the team by not signing Jamal Lewis, getting rid of Samari Rolle and other high priced aged players.

Since we did not advance further in the playoffs, one has to wonder if this team has it to go all the way. Obviously at 13-3 we are a good team. Are we good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    This is what we got for $33 million? A "whopping" 49.9 rating, two picks, against a mediocre Colts defense. He blew on two potential TD passes to Heap that would have reversed the game. ralph: This loss is squarely on McNair's shoulders. Sorry - no more excuses: after we emptied our warchest, we expected playoff calibre performances. Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, even Anthony fuckin' Wright outperformed this bozo in the playoffs.

On top of that, we may not now be able to afford to keep Adalius.

I say: cut our losses, dump his salary now, eat the rest of his signing bonus. Let's build for the future. We are going nowhere behind an 82 rated QB who chokes in playoffs games.

T, You're a DUMBFUCK!!!! You've shit on McNair all season. We would never have made it this far with your boyfriend Boller and you fucken know it!!!!:insane:

Later!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Thumbs down Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by 52RAYVENS View Post
    T, You're a DUMBFUCK!!!! You've shit on McNair all season. We would never have made it this far with your boyfriend Boller and you fucken know it!!!!:insane:

Later!

Nice ... did you graduate from the School of Thugs? Just because I never had my nose so far up McNair's ass like some other Ravens fans to be blinded by the hype, and correctly assessed that we were overpaying for an average & aging player .... your best comeback is that I have Boller as a boyfriend.

Very, very weak.

So, outside of name calling, why don't you tell us what a great job McNair did yesterday? Or, how McNair's "strong" arm got us the 13 wins, not our Defense? Or how you have the scoop that he's going to renegotiate his outlandish contract so we can we can keep our Defense intact. Or, that his 14th ranking in the NFL doesn't mean anything because he's got all the "intangibles", which almost won us the game yesterday.

Or, is there anything positive you can state about McNair's performance yesterday with a straight face? I can't. It was the predominant reason why we lost.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).