Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tampa trying to trade TE Kellen Winslow

I would rather sign Ricky Proehl and convert him to the TE position

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I would agree with you, but it always seemed to me that not only did Dickson manage to get separation most of the time, he could also run the very deep routes. Dickson's problem was holding onto the ball, completing the catch.
    Pitta is so dependable, it's great. But if Dickson gets his drops taken care of, which is a hard thing to do, he would help create some real problems for the defenses.
    I like them both. They both bring something different to the team. I don't really understand the dislike for Dickson. He made a lot of plays for the team last year, just like Pitta did. Both these guys are young players that were adjusting to more involved roles in a season where they had no offseason. Under the circumstances they both had tremendous seasons. And I expect both of them to improve this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You really think Winslow would be content to sit behind anyone? I don't see it. If he's not starting he's going to be complaining.
    No, not at all, which is why this is purely speculative and an off-season topic. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I like them both. They both bring something different to the team. I don't really understand the dislike for Dickson. He made a lot of plays for the team last year, just like Pitta did. Both these guys are young players that were adjusting to more involved roles in a season where they had no offseason. Under the circumstances they both had tremendous seasons. And I expect both of them to improve this year.
    Dickson did make a lot of outstanding catches...but he dropped wide open passes and passes that hit him right in the hands.

Consistency is something that is very valuable in the NFL. There is a reason why Pitta was Flacco's favorite target whenever he was on the field.

Blog Entries

The place where Winslow really should go is Pittsburgh. Ben is very good at spreading the ball around. Miller has become more of a blocker anyway. You put Winslow in a 2 TE set and he's going to get open with those speedy receivers taking DBs down the field. That would be a good fit and something I hope we don't see.

The place where Winslow really should go is Pittsburgh. Ben is very good at spreading the ball around. Miller has become more of a blocker anyway. You put Winslow in a 2 TE set and he's going to get open with those speedy receivers taking DBs down the field. That would be a good fit and something I hope we don't see.
    They have no money and are paying Miller a ton of money, no way they are allocating 10-11 million at the TE position on two guys.

Winslow plus Miller would put them around 10 million this year and 11 for the next 2 after that between 2 TE cap wise. Not happening.

Blog Entries

Oakland might be a landing spot. They don't have much at the TE position and I'm sure they'd like to give Carson Palmer another receiving option. The Bears or Bills could be another option.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I would rather sign Ricky Proehl and convert him to the TE position
    Isn't Ricky Proehl the "Paul Kruger" of offense? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    They have no money and are paying Miller a ton of money, no way they are allocating 10-11 million at the TE position on two guys.

Winslow plus Miller would put them around 10 million this year and 11 for the next 2 after that between 2 TE cap wise. Not happening.
    Once Winslow gets cut he's not getting a big contract. He's going to end up signing a 1 year prove it type deal. The Steelers love restructuring. If they wanted to they could easily find the money.

Once Winslow gets cut he's not getting a big contract. He's going to end up signing a 1 year prove it type deal. The Steelers love restructuring. If they wanted to they could easily find the money.
    They love restructuring for proven and healthy players.

I don't see them moving cap money around to sign someone like Winslow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dickson did make a lot of outstanding catches...but he dropped wide open passes and passes that hit him right in the hands.

Consistency is something that is very valuable in the NFL. There is a reason why Pitta was Flacco's favorite target whenever he was on the field.
    It's also not something that is developed overnight. Young players drop passes that they should catch. It happens. I just don't think it's a big enough problem to dismiss his positive contributions over. I don't think Pitta is as far ahead of Dickson as people here believe.

This is the first thing I think of when I think of the Ravens and Winslow...

http://mdduckman.smugmug.com/Other/M...630019&k=dpVrs

Ah...memories...