Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who was the guy

Who was the guy

in the black overcoat, wearing a purple tie that was shadowing Ray Lewis at the end of the game. He was next to him on the sideline and then in the back ground while Ray was being interviewed.

Does Ray have a personal body guard on the field???

Probably Chad Steele. He always finds a way to insert himself in the background.

Re: Who was the guy

Probably him^^

Media Relations Director, which is why he's always around the post-game press conferences.

Blog Entries

I think I 've seen this thread twice per year for about the past 6 years.

And I can't remember who it is. I think it's a Ravens PR guy though..

I thought Chad Steele was director of security? By the way he's been a presence on the sideline for years.

Blog Entries

Definitely Chad Steele. You see him a lot because he's the one in charge of coordinating stuff between the players and the media.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think I 've seen this thread twice per year for about the past 6 years.

And I can't remember who it is. I think it's a Ravens PR guy though..
    I'd say it's 3 times a year.

But yes, it's Chad Steele, Director of Media Relations. His sister is Sage Steele on ESPN.

His Twitter is @CSteele32 if you're so inclined .... but that would require a smartphone ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd say it's 3 times a year.

But yes, it's Chad Steele, Director of Media Relations. His sister is Sage Steele on ESPN.

His Twitter is @CSteele32 if you're so inclined .... but that would require a smartphone ....
    Don't think that jab went unnoticed...

The shorter black guy (who bears a slight resemblance to Ed Reed) is the security guy. He is usually shadowing Harbaugh. This guy was Steve B's personal bodyguard for years. I think even before he became majority owner of the Ravens. Though not big and imposing, I hear he has ridiculous martial arts skills and is a top personal security guy.

I think his name is Darren Sanders. There was an article about him in a local Columbia publication.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    The shorter black guy (who bears a slight resemblance to Ed Reed) is the security guy. He is usually shadowing Harbaugh. This guy was Steve B's personal bodyguard for years. I think even before he became majority owner of the Ravens. Though not big and imposing, I hear he has ridiculous martial arts skills and is a top personal security guy.

I think his name is Darren Sanders. There was an article about him in a local Columbia publication.
    Now THAT's the guy I was always curious about, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Don't think that jab went unnoticed...

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Probably him^^

Media Relations Director, which is why he's always around the post-game press conferences.
    Thanks, that was the guy. It was wieird how he was all over Ray on the sideline even before the game was over.