Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink 7 point favorites on the road

On the road? With our offense and conservative policy when we get the lead? I know that Young has been somewhat of a rookie disappointment, but he has the tools to have a breakout day at any time. I can't see it!:grbac:

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: 7 point favorites on the road

7 is being generous to the Titans considering they get the standard 3 point home field advatage. That means we beat them by barely a FG?

With our secondary and run D we should destroy Tennessee.

Come on T when are you gonna stop being so down on the home team? A little blind homerism isn't always a bad thing.

Ravens 35 - 3

I gotta agree on this. Even with a conservative offense, the Titans offense is no match for our defense. Vince Young isn't as good (and really never has IMO) as he's being advertised. And just like Reggie Bush found out, our defense is not the same as a college D.

Of course we're 7 point favorites.

If anything I'd think we'd be more.

T, you won't let up will you?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

On the road? With our offense and conservative policy when we get the lead? I know that Young has been somewhat of a rookie disappointment, but he has the tools to have a breakout day at any time. I can't see it!:grbac:

That's cool. We'll take a 28 point lead and coast to a 7 point victory.

And let's be honest.

Lines aren't made to actually predict how much a team is gonna win or lose by.

They are made to generate bets on both sides.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

I understand where your coming from. But the oddsmakers see a Ravens team that blew out TB and NO on the road and figures a 10 pt win in Tenn is likely. I suspect a close game that the Ravens win by 14 but is a 3-7 pt game most of the way that the Ravens put away with a turnover.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I'm a little iffy but confident about this game.

I reckon 28-10 when the fat lady sings. Vince Young will be introduced to the NFL with the Ravens D as the tour guide.

I doubt it will be very pleasant.

Tennessee's offense is ranked 28th. They are 12th against the run which means nothing since the Ravens shut that down vs. everyone. So they will need to pass. But oh wait, they have a skitterish rookie QB and they are 29th in the league vs. the pass. And the Ravens lead the NFL in interceptions.

This, friends, is the perfect storm brewing.

And Tennessee is LAST in the league in defense, and 31st in rushing defense.

Jamal Lewis better get his rest this week, and eat his Wheaties on Sunday. Because he is going to get the ball all day. As long as the Ravens don't give up the football, and treat this game as a test and not a day at the beach, it should be a cakewalk.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Vince Young isn't as good (and really never has IMO) as he's being advertised. And just like Reggie Bush found out, our defense is not the same as a college D.
    Nicely Stated! I wonder what Vince is seeing in his dreams at night....PURPLE MONSTERS maybe! He might even "stain" his pants on his first possession.........I would hate to be a rookie QB going up against our defense! Just look what happened to Reggie Bush.

Seven points each possesion maybe for the offense?

Like I said on the other board, theres no reason we shouldn't stomp on them. If Billick has it in him to not go conservative we can score 30 or 40 points on them.

No reason to believe there will be a letdown either with McNair making his first trip back there, as well as Rolle and Mason going back too.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

This is their Super Bowl. Their fans will be very, very into this game so I hope McNair is prepared to deal with the crowd noise. I'd like to get all over them early to take the crowd out of the game.