Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Ozzie's $4 million/year mistake will cost a number of decent players.
    Not sure what ya' mean.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Really not a mistake. Had they did a deal like that it would have been renegotiated and then it would have cost even more, or we would have a pissed off QB who would be looking for the door.
    I kind of wonder if Rodgers would ever hold out. He signed an extension really early (in '08 or '09) I think and is ridiculously underpaid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I kind of wonder if Rodgers would ever hold out. He signed an extension really early (in '08 or '09) I think and is ridiculously underpaid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I don't think it's this kind of automatic situation where if a QB goes a year thinking he's "underpaid" he's going to automatically hold out. First of all, holdouts are rare. That's why there's really very rarely more than one of them a year, if that, and what player has actually gotten a new contract out of holding out?

Maurice Jones-Drew's holdout has cost him a huge amount of money. He basically wasted 2 years of his prime whining about his contract and now he's 2 years older at a position where age is kind of a problem. Vincent Jackson didn't get a new contract until San Diego made him play out his whole deal. And so on and so on...

Worst case scenario would probably be the QB skipping offseason workouts but even that would be stupid. QBs get paid because they win and post good stats, how can you do that when you're sitting at home on your hands while your teammates get better? It's just not something that makes any sense.

Does Joe strike you as the kind of guy who would sign a deal for 17 million a year, then hold out 2 years later because he decides he doesn't actually like the contract he signed? I just don't see that happening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If he wins a SB then he will have all the leverage, if he doesn't, then who knows.
    He has all of the leverage anyway. Winning the SB would just be icing on the already tasty-delicious cake.

Also, Clayton is speculating what Flacco "MIGHT" ask for...The Ravens were already interested in giving him close to $16-17 mill per year (rumored number was $96 mill over 6 years). So, it isn't a stretch to think that Flacco could see that number rise.

I'd also like to remind everyone about the number of media pundits who claimed that Rice was looking to get an Adrian Peterson-esque deal.

The reality is the media knows jack squat until it happens.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-camp-believes-joe-has-outplayed-peyton/

“I’m told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning,” Rapoport said, referring to the NFL MVP favorite and future Hall of Famer, who pulls in $19.2 million a year. “Expect them to shoot higher than that.” It’s expected that the Ravens and Flacco will resume contract deliberations immediately after Sunday’s Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If he wins a SB then he will have all the leverage, if he doesn't, then who knows.
    Oh you mean like Trent Dilfer (?) LOL...just kidding leach... Bc

Blog Entries

Win on Sunday and we can talk, Joe. Otherwise 6/100 sounds more than fair.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-camp-believes-joe-has-outplayed-peyton/

“I’m told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning,” Rapoport said, referring to the NFL MVP favorite and future Hall of Famer, who pulls in $19.2 million a year. “Expect them to shoot higher than that.” It’s expected that the Ravens and Flacco will resume contract deliberations immediately after Sunday’s Super Bowl.
    I saw this myself. Not sure what to make of it, but there IS the fact that Flacco did, you know, outplay Manning when they met head to head a few weeks ago. The same Manning who is watching the SB from his couch. He obviously hasn't done it at a sustained level, though.

Blog Entries

Give Joe whatever he wants!

In Ozzie We Trust!!! Flacco is a RAVEN.

At the end of the regular season Flacco looked average at best and many (including myself) were ready to throw him under the bus. The difference between Joe and guys like Brees, Manning, and Brady is consistency. Seriously, look at the stats. Those latter guys never, ever disappear from a game and even in a losing effort go down fighting for the win. Flacco still completely disappears at times and three excellent playoff starts when the entire team is amped-up for Ray Lewis isn't going to change that. He should get paid because QBs like him don't grow on trees, but it is silly to act like he owns the team and carries the entire franchise like those guys. I bet they'll franchise him.

Blog Entries

If Joe is indeed asking for that type of money.....YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELVES AND NEITHER DOES THE FRONT OFFICE!!.

You were the ones talking about how you weren't ready to give Flacco a contract and how he needed to prove it. You were the ones talking about how Flacco needed to show what he was made of, after Cameron was let go. You can't sit there and say that, only to backtrack on your willingness to pay him what you challenged him to prove he was worth (Which was Elite QB money), especially if they win the Super Bowl. What if he gets the Super Bowl MVP?

Let's be real here, that 70 yard TD pass brought this team back from the dead. Their season was five feet under before that throw.

He outplayed Brady last year and should have led the game winning drive to get the team to the Super Bowl, on the road no less. He outplayed Manning this year and outplayed Brady again this year, and this time it really wasn't even close.

Joe Flacco used to be criticized for being a hanger on of sorts, a game manager who benefited from Rice and the defense. Well, Rice hasn't had the best postseason running the ball and Joe's still lighting it up. Joe's arm has now become the 'key' reason why the Ravens are the best team in the AFC, and, perhaps, the NFL.

8 TDs 0 Ints, before the Super Bowl. If the Ravens win and Joe plays well, it's a wrap, he's getting 20 million plus, with 40 plus in guarantees over the length of the deal.

People are also overlooking another important aspect of Flacco's deal. HE SIX YEARS YOUNGER THAN BREES! SIX! He's already had massive playoff success, and now, sans Cam Cameron, one of the best playoff runs for a QB in NFL History (In the ball park). 8 TDs 0 Ints, and back to back road victories against two future first ballot hall of famers.

Instead of seeing what you had in the guy after the Houshmandzadeh drop and the Evans drop, you still couldn't separate Cameron's impact from Flacco's and you told Flacco to prove it. What he accomplished under Cameron is darn near astonishing in itself. Now that he has a better OC calling plays out there, he's on fire.

He makes a statement about how he was the best and how he had to have that sort of confidence to be successful. People gave him heat for it. Cameron got fired and people told him to shut up and prove his worth. He's proved his worth.

Pay the man right.

Newsflash Ravens fans, you have a top quality QB and this is what they can cost.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore