Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: This season just needs to end

I hate to say it, but it has gotten 100x worse since the great SunSpot defection a few months back.

As for Reed, he shouldn't have given the interview knowing the media will take any chance to turn it on Flacco, but if you read the whole interview, he wasn't bashing Flacco at all.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it has gotten 100x worse since the great SunSpot defection a few months back.

As for Reed, he shouldn't have given the interview knowing the media will take any chance to turn it on Flacco, but if you read the whole interview, he wasn't bashing Flacco at all.
    Absolutely. It's gotten to the point where every thread is bitching.

I am not super positive about this week, but I at least think we''d have a chance. All the threads lately you'd think the Ravens went 0 -16 this year.

3. Re: This season just needs to end

I don't listen to any radio or tv leading up to the game. I'll check the internet of course and post here and that's it.

Honestly, how much information do you need about the game?

Sometimes its best to just unplug and enjoy.

I'm planning my menu and grabbing a few MD brews and getting ready to settle in front of the big screen. The Ravens could get blown out or they could be heading to Indy.

Can't wait to find out.

Blog Entries

I was a lurker here for a year or two before i signed up, and just since ive been a member ive noticed that change right around the time that apparently happened. Change in quality as well as quantity. I can see why people left for green pastures but it seems the pastures arent so green these days.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm thankful the Ravens are still in the mix and I kinda wish it would never end. Lovin' it, what a season!

Particularly satisfying: First blowout against Pitt, 2nd Pitt game, Jets game, 9ers game. Those four games were incredible. Keep it up Ravens!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Dude, calm down. It's national media spin gone wild. For some reason, the drama has seemed to escalate in recent times, whether its the Jets debacle, Romo throwing away games, the Penn State disaster, etc. The bloodlust at ESPN has reached maniacal heights, so of course they want to swoop in like vultures on Ed's comment and completely blow it out of context to drama it up, VH1 style.

Do yourself a favor, and don't listen to national media outlets on TV or 105.7. You can avoid getting swept up in the hysteria that way.

Thumbs down Re: This season just needs to end

Come to think of it, I am ashamed of you for saying you want the season to end.

If you can filter out the occasional extreme posters on this board (on both ends), you can actually get some very level-headed, informed and reasoned analysis on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    If you can filter out the occasional extreme posters on this board (on both ends), you can actually get some very level-headed, informed and reasoned analysis on this site.
    Agreed.

But I would argue that the filtering was not needed before.

No doubt about it. I'm starting to use the ignore feature, wish I didn't have to, but it's basically the same idiots from that board that are going into the void.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

But I would argue that the filtering was not needed before.
    Trust me, the Suncrap board was infinitely worse.

Not only did you have the guys like SugarRay who are about as fairweather as they come, but you had almost every other team's troll poster imagineable, you had a ton of racism, and you just had people who were general internet tough guys that just made the entire experience unbearable. At any given point if you were to look at the front page of that board there would be at least 5-8 threads started by assholes and discussed by bigger assholes.

As bad as you guys think this board has gotten, it's nowhere near as bad as the other board was.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wicked, that doesn't make me feel better. This used to be a 90% civil, and much more cerebral board. I miss it.

I just ignored my first person in 5 years on this site.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!