Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

I will say this...he may truly be the OL coach, but I do think they have him tabbed for extra duties this year. I really think he's the backup plan if Caldwell gets a HC gig after one year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I bought in to the run game coordinator stuff.

Bad on me. He's obviously not that.
    I took the middle ground, that he was the run game guy FOR NOW and they planned on being able to upgrade him to line coach the moment Moeller screwed up personally or professionally.

Then again, maybe that was the plan and the switch happened without any of us ever hearing about it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

My guess:

1) Good chance that Caldwell is one and done as OC as he gets another head coaching job for 2014.

2) Castillo then is the heir apparent OC. Besides being de facto o-line coach this year he is also teaching...

3) Moeller, who learns from Castillo this year so that he gets his job back as o-line coach in 2014 when Castillo is promoted. As a bonus he and Castillo develop a close relationship for 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's the o-line coach. I don't care what anyone says.

Moeller must have incriminating photos of someone.
    :word

Excellent acquisition. So glad he is with the Ravens now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

so castillo gets written about as working with the OL during drills and thats undeniable proof that hes the OL coach? If im not mistaken, the run game coordinator would also be working with the OL, no? Im going to assume Moeller was there also working with the OL but wasnt written about because hes the incumbent and people tend to want to hear about the new guys. Theres literally no reason for Moeller to be there otherwise. I dont think were the type of team that keeps guys around that do nothing.

I just wish theyd let go of the guy so theres not too many hands in the cookie jar and we can stop debating what he is.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-14-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Hello? Jerome Bettis?
    A RB that has been out of the league for 7 years? Seriously? Come on man. You can do better than that. Ravens did not draft him with their top pick to be a 2 down LB. If he is going to be more than that he needs to keep himself in phenomenal shape like every other player in the league. Its not college anymore.

The stories you heard in the draft from O-lineman always mentioned Castillo doing the workouts. Everytime they have spoken to McKinnie, he only mentioned him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Consider the source but

So refreshing to read that about Cadwell.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2W9JHyTy3
    You've got to love Preston. Can he write anything without taking a shot at Joe Flacco?

Flacco definitely earned the new contract, but he has been inconsistent throughout his career. Were the postseason performances just a hot streak or can Flacco stay at the top of his game?

Publicly, the Ravens will endorse Flacco, but privately they aren't sure either.
    Really, Mikey? Despite all facts to the contrary, you're STILL pushing this "the Ravens don't REALLY believe in Joe Flacco" angle?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Really, Mikey? Despite all facts to the contrary, you're STILL pushing this "the Ravens don't REALLY believe in Joe Flacco" angle?
    because teams sign players to record high contracts when they dont know what theyre getting?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so castillo gets written about as working with the OL during drills and thats undeniable proof that hes the OL coach? If im not mistaken, the run game coordinator would also be working with the OL, no? Im going to assume Moeller was there also working with the OL but wasnt written about because hes the incumbent and people tend to want to hear about the new guys. Theres literally no reason for Moeller to be there otherwise. I dont think were the type of team that keeps guys around that do nothing.

I just wish theyd let go of the guy so theres not too many hands in the cookie jar and we can stop debating what he is.
    I think we had nearly undeniable proof far before that. Every time you heard an interview with any lineman the Ravens worked out before the draft, it was Castillo they said worked them out. Any time you heard an interview with a current Ravens O-lineman, it was Castillo they talked about coaching them up. Most of us knew what he was even before we had Preston to confirm what he saw on the field.

On another note: the fact that even Mike Preston, the biggest Ravens hater this side of Heath Evans, thinks this defense can be special, must mean they look REALLY special. I can't wait to get out to M&T for the training camp practice so we can see first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You've got to love Preston. Can he write anything without taking a shot at Joe Flacco?

Yeah he was on 105.7 this morning saying pretty much the same things. The Ravens may privately hope he puts up the same stats all year long that he did in the playoffs, but I don't believe for one second that any coach or anyone in the front office doesn't believe in him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    My guess:

1) Good chance that Caldwell is one and done as OC as he gets another head coaching job for 2014.

2) Castillo then is the heir apparent OC. Besides being de facto o-line coach this year he is also teaching...

3) Moeller, who learns from Castillo this year so that he gets his job back as o-line coach in 2014 when Castillo is promoted. As a bonus he and Castillo develop a close relationship for 2014.
    Bingo. The electrons I saved not typing this thank you.