Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Anderson suspended for upcoming season

Looks like there was a reason why he very rarely saw the field as a Baltimore Raven.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...vea-suspended/

Re: Mike Anderson suspended for upcoming season

along with the guy that mysteriously signed with a team but that team nor him has announced yet.......Mr. Olivea

3. Re: Mike Anderson suspended for upcoming season

This just goes to show people that there are real reasons some players that they like are riding the pines...I heard so many complaints about Brian Billick not playing Mike Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    This just goes to show people that there are real reasons some players that they like are riding the pines...I heard so many complaints about Brian Billick not playing Mike Anderson
    :word

All the Monday morning quarterbacks. . .

Good post Tspot. :celery
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator
    I heard so many complaints about Brian Billick not playing Mike Anderson
    I didn't exactly complain, but I did wonder why we signed this guy and rarely played him. It seemed odd to me, but perhaps that question has been answered.

But I confess I'm surprised -- Anderson seemed like a character guy, never complaining about his lack of playing time, always either being supportive or just staying in the background and not trying to draw attention to himself. I guess I should know by now that these days, you just never know.

I should also point out that I'm not sold on the notion that this is the only reason that he didn't play more -- do you really think they'd park him on the bench for two years because they suspected he used PEDs? Maybe that is a big part of it, but I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    That may be true, but to say this is the reason he didn't play Anderson is ridiculous. They would have just cut him if it was an issue like this.

Whatever Sephy. Tspot's point was that there was something going on with Anderson that we didn't know about, and he's right, and all the MMQB's who knew better than the pros who lived and breathed football at 1 Winning Drive can sit down and eat their humble pie.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Only here could folks turn a Mike Anderson suspension into an opportunity to divide themselves into the requisite pro-Billick/anti-Billick factions and bash one another.:grbac: :girlfight

Mike has seen more than his share of trouble off the field, even while serving as a United States Marine in California and North Carolina, so I can't say that I'm totally surprised by his lack of judgement on this one.

Wise up, Leatherneck.

Thumbs down Re: Mike Anderson suspended for upcoming season

It's too bad: I really liked the Mike Anderson story, and was hoping that he would contribute as a Raven.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Interesting. Now that Billick is gone Randy Hymes can finally get his hall of fame career restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Interesting. Now that Billick is gone Randy Hymes can finally get his hall of fame career restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    That may be true, but to say this is the reason he didn't play Anderson is ridiculous. They would have just cut him if it was an issue like this.
    You are so right Sephy, so much of what people respond to is ridiculous.

If the team is paying you millions of dollars and is aware that you are doing PED or drugs in general they are either going to cut you, or help you. They put you on the bench if they don't think you are the best player, or in some cases when they have a lot more money invested in another player.

I'm sure Billick said "Mike I saw you stick a needle in your butt, that looks like steroids, I will not play you until you promise not to do that again!"