105.7 cracks me up...

Just wanted to make a general observation. Lately I've been listening more to 105.7, and it kills me how they rail on Nascar, rail on Nascar fans, call it boring, etc. yet in the same breath they will talk about the "exciting new" Orioles season and how there is a reason to be optimistic and blah blah blah. How hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nascar fan, but could the Orioles be any more boring? If I had a dollar every time the hosts on 105.7 mentioned Matt Wieters I'd be able to retire in a few weeks. He is ONE player, and they have NO pitching. Everyone knows you need pitching to win in MLB, especially in the AL East. The Orioles pitching staff is nothing short of a disaster. A last place finish is a 100% guarantee. If you want to talk about boring 105.7, look no further than the 2009 Baltimore Orioles.

Re: 105.7 cracks me up...

I feel you, but at the same time, this team is really going in the right direction. They will have one of the best offenses in the big leagues for some time to come and the bullpen will be solid as well. The starting pitching consists of a No. 2 and a No. 4 starter and then a bunch of odds and ends, but Rich Hill combined with some fantastic pitching prospects could turn this team into a winner by next season.

Blog Entries

the reason they do that is because 105.7 delivers the Orioles FM broadcasts...they HAVE to talk that shit up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    the reason they do that is because 105.7 delivers the Orioles FM broadcasts...they HAVE to talk that shit up.
    I understand that, but to me it's funny how they criticize Nascar, a sport with PLENTY more fans than the Orioles have. If you are going to be a puppet to keep a job, so be it, but don't try to piss in someone elses cheerios.

Not that I like to say I told you so but, I told you so. This team is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Not that I like to say I told you so but, I told you so. This team is terrible.
    Yeah, but I like Orioles baseball. they are the hometown team and I for one am glad we have major league baseball AND major league football here. We do not have NASCAR in the city limits.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

7. Re: 105.7 cracks me up...

Quote Originally Posted by sdeclue View Post
    I feel you, but at the same time, this team is really going in the right direction. They will have one of the best offenses in the big leagues for some time to come and the bullpen will be solid as well. The starting pitching consists of a No. 2 and a No. 4 starter and then a bunch of odds and ends, but Rich Hill combined with some fantastic pitching prospects could turn this team into a winner by next season.
    that is great

-----------------
    Zumba DVD
    House MD DVD 1-6
    Prison Break DVD 1-4

Without seeming like a dreamer, I think the O's may actually suprise some Fans this year. Their Coach is a no nonsense proven veteran and will raise the bar a notch or two. The pitchers are young but now have experience.

They won't dominate by any means, but they may be the best team we've put together in a long while.

We'll know three weeks into the season.

If the O's achieve a 500 record, I'll be suprised, but would like to see it happen. Agree that Buck had them playing better after he took over, so let's see if it carries over into this season. Hope so.

Now that Vlad has signed a contract (most likely for the DH), what about Luke Scott? Will they rotate at DH, or what? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensfanRob View Post
    If the O's achieve a 500 record, I'll be suprised, but would like to see it happen. Agree that Buck had them playing better after he took over, so let's see if it carries over into this season. Hope so.

Now that Vlad has signed a contract (most likely for the DH), what about Luke Scott? Will they rotate at DH, or what? We'll see.
    Good Question!! Nice problem to have tho! I guess they could use Scott to PH in the late innings and sub once in awhlie.:D

Quote Originally Posted by tripple7's View Post
    Good Question!! Nice problem to have tho! I guess they could use Scott to PH in the late innings and sub once in awhlie.:D

Nice problem to have, and yes he could be used to PH, give one of the regulars a day off, or (heaven forbid) fill in for a guy that's injured.

Great pick up in Vlad! I think they definitely have a shot at .500