Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    But, it wasn't Ryans defense that threw an ill advised interception. Nor was it his lack of a running game that caused him to fumble a shotgun snap.

IMO, the guy just seems to make the biggest mistakes in the biggest moments.
    Yeah, those plays were almost Romoesque.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yeah, those plays were almost Romoesque.
    To me Ryan has the Romo gene until he proves otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    My brother in Buffalo lives, eats, and sleeps NFL football and he said to me, Ryan was going to be good, but Flacco was going to be better. And this guys favorite player of all time is Peyton Manning.

But you can't play the hindsight game, be glad we got who we got and let the Falcons be the champs of season records, they don't transfer into Lombardi's.
    I think it was said at the time and probably has proven true - Ryan was the safer pick and the more "NFL-ready" QB, but Flacco had the higher upside, albeit with less of a guarantee that he'd reach it.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

If we had gotten our way, we would have had Jason Garrett and Matt Ryan.

Sometimes disappointment befalls us for our benefit.

Blog Entries

If I am not mistaken, Steve Bisciotti acknowledged what they would have given up for Ryan, but admitted that he wanted his future QB by any means necessary. That is was Ozzie and Co. who did their homework on Joe, brought their gathering to Bisciotti and convinced him that they weren't far apart.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    You'd have to admit that Matt Ryan had a hotter start than Flacco. Who knows, maybe we win the Super Bowl in one of the earlier seasons if he's our QB.
    This is a good point. We made the AFCC in 2008: maybe if Ryan were our QB that year we win that game.
    (Though no way we get the same love from the refs as the Steelers did vs the Seahawks.)

I'm happy with how things turned out.

Matt Ryan is still a pretty great QB. There's no need to slag on him: he just completed over 68% of his passes for over 4700 yards. It's not like he sucks. We're just happy with our guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    You'd have to admit that Matt Ryan had a hotter start than Flacco. Who knows, maybe we win the Super Bowl in one of the earlier seasons if he's our QB. But, I think that Flacco is better now. He's always had rare one of a kind physical gifts, but now he has the football acumen, poise, and accuracy to be an elite passer. Matt Ryan has always been a master at the short routes, but he'll never have the deep ball that Flacco has, or the speed.
    It's really hard to play the "what if" game. Then we could always say "what if" Evans holds that pass? We could have won two Super Bowls in a row. I do agree that Flacco is better now, including something intangible about Joe that translates well to his team on the field. Ryan is a fine young QB, a good draft pick by Atlanta, and I'd sure like to see him and Joe square off in Super Bowl XLVIII... Bc

To be honest, the much maligned Cam Cameron put the most work into Flacco prior to the draft. Cam is great at IDing and fostering young QBs which should translate to some good quarterbacking at LSU. I just remember the pre-draft story about Cam working Flacco out at Delaware and knowing he was the one then.

Additionally, taking the weaker armed Ryan and having to play in the elements of the AFC in general may have further doomed Matty (less domes). He's much more frail as well. His talent surrounding him since his rookie year should have translated to more postseason success, but him not throwing for more than 200 yds until this yr in a postseason game with those same weapons, kind of proves who had the higher ceiling.

All hail Flacco!!!

Blog Entries
    I think Cam will do some good things at LSU.

His offense will do well at the college level IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Cam will do some good things at LSU.

His offense will do well at the college level IMO.

The conservative Cam from 08-2009 will do well, having the QB throwing more than 40 times a game wont work at LSU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

The conservative Cam from 08-2009 will do well, having the QB throwing more than 40 times a game wont work at LSU.
    I dont think he will. Cam has always done well designing a power run game and LSU has some good backs.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It's really hard to play the "what if" game. Then we could always say "what if" Evans holds that pass? We could have won two Super Bowls in a row. I do agree that Flacco is better now, including something intangible about Joe that translates well to his team on the field. Ryan is a fine young QB, a good draft pick by Atlanta, and I'd sure like to see him and Joe square off in Super Bowl XLVIII... Bc
    The what if game? Suppose ryan doesn't choke against the 9ers. What if ryan won almost every playoff game he played in. I guess then he would be comparable to Flacco in post season play. But what if didn't happen, ryan choked this year, more then likelu in th years before. Does that mean he'll choke again? Front office and scouts picked the right guy and the Ravens now have a QB who doesn't choke in post season and has a SB ring along with MVP of the SB. Ryan's close ,but still can't win the big games yet(well,he did win against a seattle team with a rookie QB) Just like the Ravens beat the 9ers with a QB who only played 10 games so far in regular season.
    Ravens organization has made very few bad choices about players and excels in picking guys who make a positive difference on the field.