Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Injuries to Joe and Torrey (Title Modification)

a bit banged up...didn't see it posted anywhere, but they should be ready to go come gametime

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Joe Flacco has an ankle sprain. Torrey Smith has a right ankle sprain. Both are minor, says Harbs. Expected to play next Sunday.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Blog Entries

Re: Joe and Torrey

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    a bit banged up...didn't see it posted anywhere, but they should be ready to go come gametime

Joe Flacco has an ankle sprain. Torrey Smith has a right ankle sprain. Both are minor, says Harbs. Expected to play next Sunday.
    I bet Flacco got that sprained ankle on the final offensive play the Ravens had. Flacco rolled out to his right and was tackled awkwardly by the Browns defender. I saw Flacco go off the field limping. He was right next to the Ravens sideline, which probably accounts why it wasn't noticed as much as Torrey's injury. Anyway, they have 10 days off before their next game, so they both should be ok as long as they weren't high ankle sprains.

Blog Entries

Interesting. I heard one of the reasons why Joe didn't do the post game interview with Rich Eisen was because he got hurt during the game. It sounds like that's possible.

A quarter of the way through the season and the line can't keep Joe upright....

Re: Injuries to Joe and Torrey (Title Modification)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post

Torrey at MD from his junior year on played with a sprained ankle in every game. It was pretty bad his last year in college. He hurt it a bunch of times last year also. He limps with an ankle injury in just about every game, it's the norm with him. It's weird, but he always plays. Got to wonder if he does that to fake out the other team.

its amazing the strides torrey smith has made since last years preseason. he is making several diffcult catches wiht defenders all over him.

Certainly the O-Line did not have their best game. Gotta give em credit though, they only had 3 days rest. I know, same (or close to) same as Cleveland had. Still, lets se how they do with 10 dys off.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    A quarter of the way through the season and the line can't keep Joe upright....
    Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying the line is great, but we have the most balanced, explosive, and efficient offense in the league right now AND Joe's sack rate is at a career low. I think the pissing and moaning about the line is getting a bit out of hand.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying the line is great, but we have the most balanced, explosive, and efficient offense in the league right now AND Joe's sack rate is at a career low. I think the pissing and moaning about - - - EVERYTHING - - - is getting a bit out of hand.
    Fixed that.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

It appeared t ome that Flacco hurt himself on that play by doing a half slide/half fall down on himself. It just looked awkward, like he was torn between sliding and trying to keep going to get the first down and the result of his uncertainty caused him to sprain his ankle. (It didn't appear to be a protection issue as he was near the sideline by that point)

Did Torrey come back after he got hurt? I didn't think so (thought Doss took his spot) but I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

slightly OT but half the Olines in the league are garbage these days. Really don't know what happened but there just doesn't seem to be those dominant tackles like there used to be.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    slightly OT but half the Olines in the league are garbage these days. Really don't know what happened but there just doesn't seem to be those dominant tackles like there used to be.
    These pass rushers are just too athletic. It's now about how much you can slow down the pass rushers, because stopping them just isn't going to happen.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt