Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm actually a little shocked that they are upset about this. Guy didn't launch into a tirade on them or anything. He just said "hey, i'll talk to you guys tomorrow"

He's got an early PC, he just flew in, wants to get checked into his hotel and get rest. Why the hell does he have to stop and grant interviews when his introduction is tomorrow?
    Basically the media feeling entitled. If I had to deal with the media and they just assumed I'd stop and do an interview at the airport late at night I'd do the same damn thing.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 03-22-2013 at 01:20 AM.

I've got such a low regard for the media nowadays that to me they're someplace between divorce lawyers and used car salesmen. If they're not reporting gossip as fact using "unnamed sources" then they're unnecessarily and assiduously bashing people because they have a license and a platform in which to do so. I suspect Ed Reed is emotionally spent. If so, he is smart to diss the media in that condition. I don't blame him one damn bit. rant over

Apparently his deal is confirmed (watching NFL network) as $15M over 3 years, with $6M in the first. Pretty rich, but not sure what his guaranteed number is.

Really excited to see how Ed leads a defense as the #1 guy. Wish he could have done it with us, but you can't blame him for wanting a big payday at his age now that he's got his ring, especially with a good club like Houston.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Apparently his deal is confirmed (watching NFL network) as $15M over 3 years, with $6M in the first. Pretty rich, but not sure what his guaranteed number is.

Really excited to see how Ed leads a defense as the #1 guy. Wish he could have done it with us, but you can't blame him for wanting a big payday at his age now that he's got his ring, especially with a good club like Houston.
    Also certainly can't blame Ozzie for sitting pat. many here didn't even want us to go as high as 12/3, I would've been okay with it...But no way Ozzie would've gone for 15/3.

It's sad to see him go, but we'll find our next leadership on D in this year's and next year's drafts. In 3 years, I'll bet we sign Reed to a one day contract and have him officially retire here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You should see all the Facebook comments. Some of the stuff being said towards him is embarrassing. Ravens fans in general are a pretty classless group, which isn't terribly shocking given the majority of them originate from Baltimore.

This message board oozes so much more quality of discussion and understanding than what you observe from the common fan. That's why it's an enjoyable experience to comment here. Not only are the regulars here pretty darn knowledgeable, but I would say quite a bit more analytical and non-kneejerk than anywhere else (possible exception---game day threads :) )

I was really disgusted to see the "F Ed Reed, I'm burning his jersey" type of comments. Nothing like that here.
    The difference between this board and Facebook is that people sign in here specifically to talk about the Ravens with other fans within a community. With Facebook, a lot of people will be signed in anyway and with broader topics at their attention. They see a post about something like the Ravens and they immediately overreact.

Blog Entries

I'm actually a little shocked that they are upset about this. Guy didn't launch into a tirade on them or anything. He just said "hey, i'll talk to you guys tomorrow"

He's got an early PC, he just flew in, wants to get checked into his hotel and get rest. Why the hell does he have to stop and grant interviews when his introduction is tomorrow?
    I agree. I don't see an issue with that. I'm sure they will have an official press conference with Reed where they can ask all the questions they want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    The difference between this board and Facebook is that people sign in here specifically to talk about the Ravens with other fans within a community. With Facebook, a lot of people will be signed in anyway and with broader topics at their attention. They see a post about something like the Ravens and they immediately overreact.
    Also, there are a lot of Steeler fans, Bengals fans, Browns fans, Pats fans, etc who will troll more on FB than on a message board.

Twitter is pretty bad too. Saw a guy launch a profanity laden tirade against Ellerbe, I said as a Ravens fan, show some class man, and he told me to lick my toes ugly. Yup, he sure won that battle.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

I've had fun telling Texans fans about Reed's nerve impingement.

Majority of them know nothing about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I think they are in for more surprises. Reed definitely has his quirks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Credit due though, Reed played ALL 20 games last year. He and Cary were the only 2 defensive starters to stay active every game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Meh. Houston's defense coughed up 41 points to New England, and it's all on Schaub?

It's just typical softheaded "analysis" that passes for sportswriting these days.
    Part of this perception comes from Schaub missing the playoffs, the year prior. Many declared that had Schaub been able to play, instead of T.J. Yates, the Texans would have defeated the Ravens. Thus, Schaub was seen as the missing piece. Well, Schaub played this past postseason, didn't put in any better of a performance against Cincinnati than Yates did, and did not produce enough against New England. So, the perception will be out there that he failed to rise to the occasion and it will all come crashing down on him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Credit due though, Reed played ALL 20 games last year. He and Cary were the only 2 defensive starters to stay active every game.
    Agreed.

I was commenting on most fans here don't know the whole story. Yes, he played all year, but he's one hit away from retirement. That's the little nugget most Texans fans have not heard as of yet.

Combine that with the $6 Million price tag and it starts to be clear to the more knowledgeable fans here that they over paid for him.