Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Feel free to add your own, or discuss whatever.

The Good:
    B Williams- Really did a nice job and much improved for opening up holes for Rice and protecting Joe. THIS was a HUGE question mark going into the game as to who was gonna play LG. LG is still a focal point next offseason in figuring out who is gonna step in, we already know it won't be harewood, thank god, lol.

Upshaw- Just keeps getting better, he seals his edge nicely, gets some pressure and nice chasing down Richardson on the backside. Certainly won't be up for any defensive rookie of the year awards but looks to be a good solid contributor and replacement for JJ.

The Bad:
    Play Calling- The first quarter was scripted perfectly. A kudo's to Cam who had 2 weeks to prepare the first dozen plays. thats where it end's though. As a NFL coach with that much time you BETTER be able to script something. However after that he should've just left the game because his in game and halftime adjustments are the usual pathetic mess.

2ns and 3rd Quarters- I don't even have to say it. Offense, Defense. Like they both just wen't to sleep thinking they had a 2 TD lead and game was over.

Our ILB issues- McClain and Ellerbe are just too inconsitant and really neither is starter quality, UNLESS you have a HOF next to them. Really really need to draft a MLB in he beginning rounds of the draft.

The Ugly:
    Our corners- CWill is horrible. Who he thought he was covering on that 3rd don is beyond me. He's running down the middle of the field still and the receiver was 15 yards away after already making his break. Thank goodness we won't hae to deal with his patheticness next year. Good job turning down that contract, you won't get one anywhere close from any other team, or us for that matter. And don't give me his INT BS, Weeden threw it right to him as his receiver wasn't even looking.
    J.Smith didn't bite on any double moves, well actually he did, luckily Weeden couldn't find a wide open receiver. He REALLY needs to step up ad live up to his draft pick. Think with some more coaching he can make a acceptable #2 for next year. But we really need someone to challenege for that spot and/or shore up the #3.

Passrush- Really? Wow do we miss Redding, and BADLY. This should primarily be the focus in the first round or 2 of the draft. We need a solid 3-4 end opposite Ngata. One that can stop the run AND get some sort of pressure on the QB. Our late rounders and undrafted's just aren't cutting the mustard in a full time status.

Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
    First Quarter- Like you said above first quarter game plan looked and worked well. Unfortunately as soon as the Browns defensive staff adjusted to it, Cam had no answers.

The Final TD Drive- Joe stepped up made some throws. No repeat of Eagles game.

Jimmy Smith- Yea he made a few errors but all in all not a bad game. Thought the PI call was ticky tac personally. I actually thought the kid showed some progression, if that continues, by the end of the season he may be decent come playoff time.

Boldin- Made some nice plays and came up big when needed.

Pierce/Rice- Running game was decent particularly in the first quarter. Had Cam adjusted to the Browns adjustments and ran somewhere other than right down the middle, it might have continued to be productive. Thought Pierce continued to justify the pick...like him a lot

Graham- Thought he played well.

Bad:
    D-Line- What else is there to say. Very little to no pressure. Against a better QB we would have been smoked. You cant give NFL QB's that much time to throw

Playcalling- No adjustments as per the norm. Not gonna harp on it. Run up the middle continuously. Very few bootlegs, poorly designed screens, just unimaginative and predictable.

Carey Williams- Jimmy Smith is still learning .....whats Williams excuse? The pick was nice but seeing his man consistently wide open is ridiculous. At least most the damn completions on Jimmy Smith he was in the TV Pic when the receiver caught the ball.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

pass rush is UGLY

Blog Entries

Thought our defense deserved credit for holding the Browns to FG's, when the offense couldn't do jack shit in the 3rd quarter.

Blog Entries

It's amazing. Watching the Ravens get stonewalled by the Browns OL all day, then watching the Giants blowing through the Steelers OL, and watching them get really good push... I forgot what a decent DL looked like.

Blog Entries

And I agree, it's our Dline that are to blame. Ngata gets zero help, we need a nose tackle and a 5 technique before even an ILB IMO.

good- i thought ellerbe played well. joe had another comeback winning drive. upshaw got another game of experience and played well. Suggs got another game of experience and played well. Jah reid gt some snaps. no injuries.

bad - no pressure on the Q[B]. Weeden had all day to pass. i don't see how this will change since it is a talent issue. hopefully mcphee can have an impact wiht suggs back. kruger isn't getting it done and cody and jones aren't much. the rookie got a lot of snaps on the d-line. it will be interesting to see how he played when i rewatch the game on nfl rerun.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    good- i thought ellerbe played well. joe had another comeback winning drive. upshaw got another game of experience and played well. Suggs got another game of experience and played well. Jah reid gt some snaps. no injuries.

bad - no pressure on the Q[B]. Weeden had all day to pass. i don't see how this will change since it is a talent issue. hopefully mcphee can have an impact wiht suggs back. kruger isn't getting it done and cody and jones aren't much. the rookie got a lot of snaps on the d-line. it will be interesting to see how he played when i rewatch the game on nfl rerun.
    Gee, I didn't even think about it being a come from behind victory. How about that?

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Bad - our run game, too often we get runs of minus yards or 1 to 2 yards. We averaged under four yards a carry, I'd rather a run game that can consistently get 4 yards a pop than one that breaks of a big run every now and then.

I think a lot of it was down to play calling, it was pretty damn obvious they adjusted and were shutting us down, and we didn't change up.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And I agree, it's our Dline that are to blame. Ngata gets zero help, we need a nose tackle and a 5 technique before even an ILB IMO.
    That's what I'm thinking as well. My first 2 rounds would focus on D-line, then hopefully get a guy that dropped in the 3rd for an ILB to rotate with McClain, Ellerbe and hopefully Lewis who comes back.

THE BAD:
    our drafting/development of young D players
    our D line
    our O line
    our O line coach -- and his boss
    our WR coach -- and his boss
    our QB coach -- and his boss

THE GOOD:
    There is no "Good" in barely beating such a bad team

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    THE BAD:
    our drafting/development of young D players
    our D line
    our O line
    our O line coach -- and his boss
    our WR coach -- and his boss
    our QB coach -- and his boss

THE GOOD:
    There is no "Good" in barely beating such a bad team
    Aw c',mon dude,...really? Nothing good, going on the road and beating a divisional opponent? Well okay, you have different expectations than I...I am happy to be 6-2 and undefeated in division...

All teams have flaws...even Atlanta I suspect will have a loss or two come the end of the season...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."