Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Sign Guard

Transactions: Ikechuku Ndukwe was signed by the Baltimore Ravens (off the Washington Redskins practice squad) on 10/3/06...Signed to the Washington Redskins practice squad on 9/10/06…Waived by the Redskins on 9/6/06…Signed to the Redskins’ active roster from their practice squad on 12/20/05…Signed to Washington’s practice squad on 11/2/05…Terminated from the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad on 10/25/05…Signed to the Saints practice squad on 9/5/05…Waived by the Saints on 9/3/05…Originally signed with New Orleans as a rookie free agent on 4/28/05.

Pro: Talented G with good size and strength...Fluid athlete with good hands and knowledge of the game.

2005: (with Washington) Was on the Redskins’ active roster, but did not play in the last 2 games of the season and their 2 playoffs games after being moved up from their practice squad on 12/20.

College: Was a stalwart on Northwestern’s OL for 4 seasons (2001-04), starting at LG in 2003 and ’04…Started the final 25 games of his college career…Started every game at LG as a 5th-year senior in 2004, helping Northwestern to rank 29th in the nation in total offense allowing just 12 sacks...Overcame a series of injuries to start all 13 games at LG as a junior in 2003…Saw action in 7 games, all as a reserve OL as a sophomore…Saw action in 4 games as a reserve T as a red-shirt freshman in 2001…Redshirted in 2000…History and communication studies major.

High School, Personal: Played in the “Big 33” game (Pennsylvania vs. Ohio) as a senior at Dublin Coffman (Powell, OH) HS...Earned PrepStar All-Midwest honors as a senior as well as Tom Lemming’s Reebok Super 200 and ESPN Super 250…Led his team with 32 knockdown blocks as a senior…Helped lead his team to a conference title as a junior…Also lettered in wrestling…His brother, Chinedum, is a DB at Notre Dame...Name is pronounced E-chu-koo N-dook-way…Full name: Ikechuku Nelson Ndukwe.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Ravens Sign Guard

His brother, Chinedum, is a DB at Notre Dame
    As soon as I saw his last name I thought "doesn't he play on ND's defense?

Looks like a decent signing but I would be interested in seeing a more complete scouting profile. I wonder if he is ahead of Chester on the depth chart (I doubt it).

3. Re: Ravens Sign Guard

I think I'll just call him Nelson!!

I found a profile from when he was drafted:

Ikechuku Ndukwe Grade: 3.2
    Position: OG
    Class: Sr
    School: Northwestern
    Conference: Big Ten
    Ht., Wt.: 6-3.5, 326
    40 Time: 5.23
    Grading System

BIO: Former reserve offensive tackle who started the past two seasons at guard.

POSITIVES: Well-sized, powerful blocker best in a small area. Sets with a wide base, quick off the snap and turns defenders off the line. Blocks down well or engulfs opponents and displays good power as well as pop at the point. Jolts defenders with excellent hand punch and stays with the play.

NEGATIVES: Lacks footwork and ability in space. Not light on his feet or effective in motion. Does not play with great balance or body control.

ANALYSIS: A strong lineman who controls defenders once engaged at the point, Ndukwe is a solid short-area blocker ineffective off the line of scrimmage. Could end up as a solid backup in a power running offense.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/60262.html

Blog Entries

depth...nothing more.

then again, i don't think we would've gotten anything better.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
    I think I'll just call him Nelson!!
    How about Icky Nuke?
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

At this point there isn't much out there. He will be a good backup not great.

I agree, he should be a decent backup in case the unthinkable happens and we have more of the big fellas go down (please...noo....).

Best wishes to Ed to get well and to Mr. Brown to take his place on the line.

There goes hope for Toniu Fonoti!

Bah. Man. OL must be the damn thinnest position talent-wise in the NFL. It really REALLY sucks that Mule is gone. Of all the Players to stay healthy, he was KEY.

Vincent could have been replaced by brown, no problem. Same with Flynn. Either could have very well been an improvement.

But Mule....man. Serious loss. Let's hope noone else gets injured, or else Steve McNair will be sacked more than the Water Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowMST3k View Post
    Bah. Man. OL must be the damn thinnest position talent-wise in the NFL. It really REALLY sucks that Mule is gone. Of all the Players to stay healthy, he was KEY.

Vincent could have been replaced by brown, no problem. Same with Flynn. Either could have very well been an improvement.

But Mule....man. Serious loss. Let's hope noone else gets injured, or else Steve McNair will be sacked more than the Water Buffalo.
    It isn't a small loss, but it isn't this bad.

12. Re: Ravens Sign Guard

I want to know why he has never made the cut and stuck with a team if he's that good???