Page 117 of 333 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,393 to 1,404 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

WalterFootball on a few of our forum faves:

Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton was the standout of the day on offense. He caught every pass that came his way, even when not perfectly thrown. He could be seen verbally leading the WR group and helping others as the practice went on. His most impressive catch was a pass Tavarres King went up for, missed, and Patton caught it instead. Reminded of Vincent Brown when he was in Mobile.

Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope had a rough outing today. He had at least 3 big drops during the 11-on-11 drills that should have been caught and rarely got separation throughout the practice when going against the DBs.

Duke WR Conner Vernon had a solid day. His cutting ability looked above average and always caught the ball away from his body. Wasn't overly dynamic and in 11-on-11s was covered pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Alright, let's say that Anquan Boldin is not retained, for whatever reason, how do we think a Tavon Austin would fit into a developing high powered No Huddle offense here with Joe and Jim at the helm.
    I think He's Percy Harvin 2.0, hopefully without the injury issues.

I think he'd certainly provide a different look from the slot position, though I'm not sure he'd make it as an everydown, outside receiver.

I'm warming to the idea of a short extension(3 years) of Boldin to reduce his cap number and keep him around.

From ESPN's Kevin Weidl

Denard Robinson is making a position switch from QB to WR, and didn't get a lot of reps in seven-on-seven or team drills. It looked as if he was off to the side learning. Early on, his routes were segmented, as if he were feeling out the position right now. He needs to learn the little things that go along with being a wide receiver -- getting out of breaks, understanding leverages. His hands were inconsistent, as he had a drop.

He's going to have to do some returning. Thing is, he didn't look natural. He has problems judging punts at times. The ball would hang, and he would fight against the wind, and muffed one. It will be interesting to see his development.
    At linebacker, UNC's Kevin Reddick and Rutgers' Khaseem Green stood out. They did a good job sticking with the running backs and with their anticipation. Reddick is an enforcer in the run game, good in tight quarters and can blitz.
    Reddick is an interesting guy. Sometimes looks 1st round. Sometimes 4th-5th. Not sure what's driving that...can't say it's effort. What starting MLB really lacks effort? I don't buy it.

DL Kawaan Short of Purdue showed some quickness with his hands and feet, and won a few one-on-ones.
    I've watched him quite a bit. Not the tallest fella, but he has a thick trunk, and really does move well. Could be a serious disruptor in 2-3 years.

Louisiana Tech's Quinton Patten (sic) has good speed but not elite. Not as fast as [Tavaeres] King or [Terrance] Williams. He's solid in intermediate routes and was catching the ball well, but will let it into his body too often. He showed strong hands in traffic.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think He's Percy Harvin 2.0, hopefully without the injury issues.

I think he'd certainly provide a different look from the slot position, though I'm not sure he'd make it as an everydown, outside receiver.

I'm warming to the idea of a short extension(3 years) of Boldin to reduce his cap number and keep him around.
    or put him in the backfield ala randall cobb

I could definitely see them giving Boldin a restructure/extension. He is going to be crucial until we have a guy that can step in for him, which right now, I don't trust Doss to do as an over the top possession guy.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Honey Badger was a late round pick before the drama. He cannot cover a lick. He is a special teams star and below average in coverage. With all the drama issues he should be a 7th rounder at best. He is basically Asa Jackson.
    Sorry, he may need a DC who can move him around, but he was one of the most disruptive defensive secondary players I've ever seen.

He plays way bigger than his size and while he won't be a shutdown CB, he can be a terror nickel CB or safety IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sorry, he may need a DC who can move him around, but he was one of the most disruptive defensive secondary players I've ever seen.

He plays way bigger than his size and while he won't be a shutdown CB, he can be a terror nickel CB or safety IMHO.
    Ya I'm not sure where the thoughts that he can't cover come from... I thouht he was better then Claiborne.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Your guy Quinton Patton is having a good Senior Bowl thus far, BPR... and I see some Reggie Wayne to his game. I don't think he has quite the suddenness out of his breaks that a truly elite WR has but that could come with coaching as he didn't really need to run complex routes in college. I think the Ravens will find somebody in the draft.
    I would agree with your observation on his breaks. I think his long strides hamper him in that department, so he'd have learn to be more choppy in his breaks, which can take an entire OS or full season. Depends on the coach and player.

Studman takes Patton on routes. Patton takes Studman on releases. They are so different...still tough to prefer one over the other when looking at "highest value balanced with need".

I really need to find film on Darius Johnson from SMU, Amos Anthony (MidTN), Chad Bumphis (there's a little more out on him now but wtf Bulldog fans?), and even more film on Jasper Collins.

Speaking of Johnson...that cat can catch anything, apparently --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6OyxC3Mg0
    ...but does he always lose his feet in the process?

IMHO...I don't get the like for Swope.

I don't think he is any good.

I'd rather go for a shorter, quicker guy like Marquise Goodwin.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Everything I'm hearing about this Catapano bloke sounds pretty good, if the Ravens were going 4-3 wonder if he might not be a good selection in the third or something.

Blog Entries

Ravens have met with the following at the Senior Bowl:

Oregon RB, Kenjon Barner.
    San Jose State TE, Ryan Otten.
    San Jose State OT, David Quessenberry.
    Illinois DE/OLB, Michael Buchannon.
    Texas DE, Alex Okafor.
    Notre Dame C, Braxston Cave.
    LSU DE, Lavar Edwards.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Braxston Cave is an interesting one. Despite his team playing shit in the BCS, he actually had a good game and held Jesse Williams in check fro the most part. I would consider him in the fourth/fifth to compete with Gino.