Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Re: Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dean Pees has to go, but Rex Ryan is just not a fit for this team anymore. Best bet is going after a guy like Ron Rivera.
    Ron Rivera would be grrrrreat! The 3-4 he ran in San Diego consistently stymied Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and other great passers and he arguably did it without a ton of talent outside of Shaun Philips. Would LOVE to see him run the Ravens defense in 2013.

And no, there is not even 1% chance Rex Ryan comes back. Frankly, I think he'll be given more rope in New York with the caveat that they dump Sanchez and get a real QB. I really don't see Ryan as the main reason the Jets are floundering, perhaps you could argue that he's mismanaged the locker room, but he hasn't had a lot of help from his GM and FO who have been woefully incompetent.

Blog Entries

Both sides don't like each other. Rex would get a lot of offers. He doesn't need to come back here for a job.

I could see a bidding war between the Redskins and Browns. It would be Marvin Lewis all over again for Danny-Boy. The new owner in Cleveland comes from the Steelers. He knows what defense means to the AFC North and getting Rex for his would make the Browns a lot more like the other 3 teams in the division.

I don't think the Jets are going to fire Rex anyway, but if they did, and he couldn't land a HC job elsewhere, I think wherever he lands, there's going to be trouble.

Rex has become too much of a self-promoter and would be itching to get another shot to be a HC. That, IMO, wouldn't bode well for having a subordinate relationship with the HC that hires him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

This thread again, huh?

What Ravor said. Seem folks need to go back and read news articles about Rex's departure. I have a better shot at being DC next season.

Now Marvin Lewis? I'd jump all over that hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Could we see a Rex Ryan return to DC next season?

Seems like he could be gone from NY after this season.

Could the ravens pick him back up? Rex Ryan could just be another wade phillips - Mediocre to bad HC but an amazing DC.

Ryan > Pees
    IF they let Pees go, and look outside for his replacement, I am hoping Cleveland's DC is let go, I want that guy.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    IF they let Pees go, and look outside for his replacement, I am hoping Cleveland's DC is let go, I want that guy.
    Everyone in Cleveland is going to be let go. They're going to clean house. Looks like they'll be able to bring in Andy Reid if they want him.

I just hope Pigsburgh doesn't fire LeBeau and hire Rex.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I just hope Pigsburgh doesn't fire LeBeau and hire Rex.
    I can't see Rex going to the Steelers. He hated them as much as anyone.

Blog Entries

Pees is getting a tough wrap considering the injuries and lack of players drafted of late to our defense. Upshaw is growing more and more into a stud every day. JJ is going to be a distant memory soon. We relied on Ray long enough. Reed isn't done, and Smith will be a force at CB someday.

I don't want Rex. Brian Billick is still trying to pull the knife out of his back that Rex stuck there. Not doing revisionest history, but if Rex took Billick's back, I believe he never would have been fired. But Rex is a dick and will soon be back in a DC postion where he belongs where his dad belonged. Backing Sanchez is akin to backing Boller. No win. Allowing Tebow into the mix told me everything I needed to know about Rex. Dr. Sholl's couldn't help him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Jauron wouldn't be a bad choice.

Also you have to wonder if Sean Peyton does indeed wind up in Dallas is suddenly Rob Ryan becomes available. No way does Rex come back here but maybe his brother would? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Everyone in Cleveland is going to be let go. They're going to clean house. Looks like they'll be able to bring in Andy Reid if they want him.
    I'm not yet totally sold on that. They've been playing better of late for Shumur and he and Banner do have roots together in Philly. Don't really know what their relationship is - heck, they could hate each other - but I wouldn't be terrible surprised to see them keep him around for another year.

That is, if Banner has a high opinion of Shumur and doesn't, in fact, hate him! ;)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I'm not yet totally sold on that. They've been playing better of late for Shumur and he and Banner do have roots together in Philly. Don't really know what their relationship is - heck, they could hate each other - but I wouldn't be terrible surprised to see them keep him around for another year.

That is, if Banner has a high opinion of Shumur and doesn't, in fact, hate him! ;)
    I like Shumur too but his record over 2 years is terrible. You have a new owner who is looking to change the loser mentality that has been with that franchise since it started up again. I don't see him wanting any ties to what was there before him. It's not like Bisciotti taking over a franchise that was already excellent. They need to sell the idea that this is the Cleveland version of the Steelers. They can't do that by keeping a coach with a .300 winning percentage.

I wouldn't mind Shurmur being our new OC. Harbaugh has said before that they are very good friends. That could be a good fit.