Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens potentially in London next year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iters_rapsheet

Per the NFL, the Vikings will host a 2nd London game in 2013. Next year is the AFC North's turn to play the NFC North. Now this is speculation on my part but I would assume the Vikings would prefer to play a non-divisional game and more then likely a non-conference game. If my assumptions are correct then it would be one of the four AFC North games they have, meaning a 25% chance of playing there next year. Bad news for us in the states but potentially great news for our fellow Brit Raven fans there.

Re: Ravens potentially in London next year

Say it ain't so

Blog Entries

Don't see how it would be bad news for you guys, your not losing a home game out of it, and probably generating more support over seas by doing it. The Ravens aren't very well known outside of the states, unlike your Cowboys or 49ers.

I'm ok with (as long as we don't lose the home game) and I will definitely go.

I've only been to London on layovers so this is a great chance to see the country.

I say either send the Steelers over there or any team from the NFC south because they are on the vikings schedule next year. Most obvious choice is probably Bucs given the owner familarity and attachment with the area.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't see how it would be bad news for you guys, your not losing a home game out of it, and probably generating more support over seas by doing it. The Ravens aren't very well known outside of the states, unlike your Cowboys or 49ers.
    Leach, I don't think it's that bad for the team (other then potential jet lag). I think the bad part is more concerning the fans. It's a lot tougher to put aside money and time to take a trip to London then it is going to Minneapolis. It's not that I wouldn't love to visit London, it's just a bigger investment of time and money to travel for a Ravens game.

If the Ravens don't lose a home game (article says Vikings are host)... it's potentially an advantage against a team like the Vikings who have a pretty good home field advantage. I know the Vikings place isn't hyped for it's crowd... but it's in a an old dome and it can get loud. Moving it to London makes an away game a Neutral game. As far as travel goes... it's not that much different than San Diego or Seattle.

Blog Entries

My only issue would be if they lost a home game. Bisciotti has really wanted this and it's a way to do it without losing a game in Baltimore. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    My bad. My first immediate reaction was that we were losing a home game before I realize we would be the road team.

Blog Entries

Damn, the wife and I are planning a trip to Rome. I was hoping the Ravens might play in the Coliseum vs. their home team...the Gladiators. Oh well... Bc

Minnesota comes to Baltimore next year so if it were to be a AFC North team it would be the Steelers or Browns going over to London as the visitor as they would've gone to Minny anyway.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Minnesota comes to Baltimore next year so if it were to be a AFC North team it would be the Steelers or Browns going over to London as the visitor as they would've gone to Minny anyway.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm
    Whoops. Ravens75, you're correct. How could I have forgotten the Hauschka miss in Minnesota? Doh!