Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confirmed: New offense similiar to Pats

I knew I saw this a couple weeks ago and another eye has seen the same. The Ravens are changing the offense now as I presume they have the pieces they've always wanted.

I see less sacks for Joe and quicker patterns now. We probably will not see this tonight, but it's exciting.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...acco-too-much/

Blog Entries

Re: Confirmed: New offense similiar to Pats

in the aspect of personnel we could easily have a very similar offense, im just not sure thats in Cams mindset to use it in similar ways. well see, i have my fingers crossed.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm really excited to see Flacco and the 1st string offense tonight. Even if it is only for a series.

When the unit gets into a 12- personnel set with one running back, two tight ends, two wide receivers it can “really present problems for any defense.”
    So that's how the patriots have been cheating all these years! The giants just wanted to even up the numbers on that last drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    in the aspect of personnel we could easily have a very similar offense, im just not sure thats in Cams mindset to use it in similar ways. well see, i have my fingers crossed.

Thats all we can do. Couple this with the Jaw film room with Joe, I think that it's not a question of if, but when. I'm sure the owner is sick of being a bridesmaid to the superbowl as well and Joe emphasized that in that interview.

Show it, I say!

Exactly. The bolded subheader in the article that's referenced for the thread title seems to make a little bit of a leap. The less glamorous non-bolded wording of the article actually states, "The analyst saw key offensive weapons that can be as dangerous as the folks in New England." Granted, they may increase the use of Two Tight End sets, but I'm not sure how similar that will make this offense to that of the Pats'. A lot will be in the playcalling, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Still, it sounds like a potentially positive development.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 08-09-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCRavensFan View Post
    So that's how the patriots have been cheating all these years! The giants just wanted to even up the numbers on that last drive.
    LOL,
    I believe "12- personnel set " describes a package.
    1 RB,2 TE,2WR
    An 11 personnel set would have
    1 RB,1 TE, and 3 WR

So does this mean the long developing Air Coryell offense (that's not a good fit for our OL) with all the 5-7 step drops is being tossed aside? I hope so. I think we've seen this before like against KC in the playoffs a few yrs back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    So does this mean the long developing Air Coryell offense (that's not a good fit for our OL) with all the 5-7 step drops is being tossed aside? I hope so. I think we've seen this before like against KC in the playoffs a few yrs back.
    no. Cam is Air Coryell i dont think hes adept to change philosophy, if we wanted to do that we would have changed coordinators this year.
    -JAB

Yeah timing has always been a strong suit of Joe's game...can't see this going wrong

Blog Entries

no. Cam is Air Coryell i dont think hes adept to change philosophy, if we wanted to do that we would have changed coordinators this year.
    or head coaches. Harb wants that type of ball control offense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!