Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

I wanna attend O's game paying respects to him. But theyre Sold out Yanks are here. Just like Twins fans paid respects to Harmon Killerbrew.

Blog Entries

Very sad to hear. RIP

I love the Ravens of course, but man those were the days with guys like Flanny taking the mound for the O's. I feel awful for his family, too damn young.

Maybe I've been away from the everyday news too long and missed the coverage but was he dealing with depression or anything diagnosed?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maybe I've been away from the everyday news too long and missed the coverage but was he dealing with depression or anything diagnosed?
    Nothing diagnosed. Jerry Sandusky reports that he was distrought over the perception and anger by the city and fans that he was at fault for the failure of the Orioles, despite not being able to run the team the way he wanted to.

I woke up and read this, this morning and was shocked!!!! Pretty unbelieveable.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just devastating. I have such great memories of him as a kid.

I am NOT blaming Angelos direclty for what happened, but this has to be a wakeup call. If this isn't the bottom for a once-proud franchise, I don't know what is.

Tim Kirkjian wrote an article on espn.com where he said that Flanagan hadn't been himself since getting removed from his front office job. He said he saw him a week or so ago and he didn't look good. Horrible, just horrible.....:(
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

A very sad day in Baltimore, indeed.

Oddly enough, yesterday was ALSO Cal Jr's Birthday....

JJ: You look like the Pilsbury Dough Boy!
    Chuck: HeeHee!
    Sizzle: You say something about biscuits??

When I heard late last night that Flanny had died at 59, that was stunning enough and terrible news, but to hear this morning that it could be suicide is hard to accept. He was not just a terrific pitcher and broadcaster and a genuinely funny guy, he loved the Orioles as much as any fan . . . just awful news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Nothing diagnosed. Jerry Sandusky reports that he was distrought over the perception and anger by the city and fans that he was at fault for the failure of the Orioles, despite not being able to run the team the way he wanted to.
    I'm an not an Orioles fan or even much of a baseball fan anymore. As an outsider it always seemed that the fans blame was all directed at the owner

Great O's player, Great guy, Great Educator, Great Teammate, a hero to many. He will be missed. I am very sad. In a selfish way I hope foul play was involved and he did not take his life. Mental health continues to haunt too many people!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens