Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Re: NHL Playoffs

Die hard Caps fan here. Hoping we can bounce back and win game 4. Really don't wanna go into a 3-1 hole. Hopefully Holtby can go back to being a stonewall like he was in games 1 and 2. He didn't seem focused last night.
    90% of the game is half mental

Americanmade2012 Guest

Holtby has been impressive for a first timer in the playoffs he has not seemed nervous from the games I have been able to watch. It is hard to predict playoffs every year but I think the blues will make a run to the final and the devils with the devils winning it all. However, id love to be wrong and see the caps make a run

I don't think Holtby was nervous at all.

What did concern me was how he handled the Bruins crashing the goal and otherwise camping out in front of the goal. He seemed to be very timid. I'd like to see him (and the Caps defenders) be more physical with the Bruins when they are camped out in front of the net.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Die hard Caps fan here. Hoping we can bounce back and win game 4. Really don't wanna go into a 3-1 hole. Hopefully Holtby can go back to being a stonewall like he was in games 1 and 2. He didn't seem focused last night.
    The difference to me seemed to be the amount of traffic in front of the net and Boston had guys there to get the rebounds unlike the previous games.

True, but the first goal he gave up at the start of the 2nd period was inexcusable. A very stoppable shot but it just deflected off of his catching mitt and in the net.

The fact that Brad Marchand is a diving little punk didn't help us either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2m4c...ayer_embedded#!
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think Holtby was nervous at all.

What did concern me was how he handled the Bruins crashing the goal and otherwise camping out in front of the goal. He seemed to be very timid. I'd like to see him (and the Caps defenders) be more physical with the Bruins when they are camped out in front of the net.
    He's probably a little timid because when he did start protecting, he got a penalty. The officiating has been awful, across the league, in the playoffs this year.

I'm a Penguins fan :bag::bag:
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Caps fan here also, and being such stop watching as soon as the playoffs start.

It would almost be like the Ravens, constantly get to the playoffs and poop it out, EXCEPT the Caps woul be like the Ravens going 15-1 every year and dominating everyone and than losing every year after their first round bye.

Blog Entries

Brutal loss for the Devils last night. Both goalies chased after a wild 2 periods and no goals in the 3rd. The Devils had their chances too but the Panthers defense played great when it counted.

Caught a glimpse of someone being knocked out and carted off the ice. What team / player was it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Caught a glimpse of someone being knocked out and carted off the ice. What team / player was it?
    Chicago, can't remember the player.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Chicago, can't remember the player.
    Marian Hossa. Hit was by Torres. A couple of years ago it would have been a legal hit - nowadays who knows (kind of like the NFL that way)? Given Torres' history (he knocked out Seabrook last year) I would expect a hefty suspension.