Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ok, here it is....my official projected 2013 roster

Bmorecarefull thats a pretty decent roster too. I'd be happy with that.

Seems like Kevin Minter is everyone's favorite LB right now.

Blog Entries

Is Kevin Minter Mike Minter's son?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Bmorecarefull thats a pretty decent roster too. I'd be happy with that.

Seems like Kevin Minter is everyone's favorite LB right now.
    Overall my hope for the 2013 roster is to get faster pretty much everywhere, go to more of a 2TE/spread offense, and more 4-3 looks. I tried to get guys that can help make that happen.

I'm taking Ozzie at his word that he wants to get better straight up the middle. Minter is a beast and really jumps off the tape with his athleticism and toughness. Brandon Williams is a MONSTER, the guy broke all kinds of D-II sack records despite playing NT, he is everything Terrence Cody is not. Big and strong, with a GREAT motor who not only stops the run up the middle but gets a lot of pressure collapsing the pocket. He can also play 5-tech and 4-3 DT. You know, on second thought I might have gone too light on the DL and might need to add some guys.

After thinking about it really carefully over the last few weeks I think we need Ed Reed back. I really don't think there's a better option out there, even taking into consideration what Ed wants to get paid. I think something can get done there and I think the Ravens legitimately want him back, probably on like a 2-year deal or something.

Earl Wolff has A LOT of potential at FS, Travis Long could be a starting Rush after Suggs is done, Juszczyk can play FB, HB, and TE and is really athletic... that would be a knockout draft IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Overall my hope for the 2013 roster is to get faster pretty much everywhere, go to more of a 2TE/spread offense, and more 4-3 looks. I tried to get guys that can help make that happen.

I'm taking Ozzie at his word that he wants to get better straight up the middle. Minter is a beast and really jumps off the tape with his athleticism and toughness. Brandon Williams is a MONSTER, the guy broke all kinds of D-II sack records despite playing NT, he is everything Terrence Cody is not. Big and strong, with a GREAT motor who not only stops the run up the middle but gets a lot of pressure collapsing the pocket. He can also play 5-tech and 4-3 DT. You know, on second thought I might have gone too light on the DL and might need to add some guys.

After thinking about it really carefully over the last few weeks I think we need Ed Reed back. I really don't think there's a better option out there, even taking into consideration what Ed wants to get paid. I think something can get done there and I think the Ravens legitimately want him back, probably on like a 2-year deal or something.

Earl Wolff has A LOT of potential at FS, Travis Long could be a starting Rush after Suggs is done, Juszczyk can play FB, HB, and TE and is really athletic... that would be a knockout draft IMO.
    Do you think the defense could be better served with more speed from Reed's spot?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do you think the defense could be better served with more speed from Reed's spot?
    Long-term, yes. But I think we've seen the kind of player Ed Reed is going to be if he sticks around for a few more years, and even if his speed isn't what it used to be when he's playing at his best (as he did over the course of the playoff run) he can still take away the deep ball and make plays in coverage. His range is more than adequate.

If our pass rush and intermediate coverage improve the way they need to, the back end of the defense should be a strength of the team with Ed Reed leading the way. In my scenario Earl Wolff would be the likely successor to #20 around 2015 or so.

Blog Entries

Wow, I'm sold on Brandon Williams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WGSMeSZXQdM Seems like the type of guy Ozzie and the FO loves.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Draft picks: 1) Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU; 2) Brandon Williams, NT/DT, Missouri Southern 3) (trade up) Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State 4) (trade up) David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State 4) (compensatory) Travis Long, DE/OLB, Washington State 5) Earl Wolff, S, NC State 5)(compensatory) Kyle Juszczyk, FB/TE/HB, Harvard 6) (compensatory) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU 7) (compensatory) Joe Madsen, G/C, WVU
    Well, you got Minter and Madsen right

You and I always seem to have some good debate, so let me play devil's advocate a bit with you here.

1) What does Josh Boyce's potential bring to our franchise that Deonte Thompson hasn't already?

2) If Minter and Kawann Short are both there at 32, who do you take?

3) What about Quessenberry makes him a better prospect than Ricky Wagner in your opinion? (not debating you, just trying to get a different POV)

4) Juszczyk is a guy I've heard little about. Do you think he'd even be drafted? Operating under your assumption from last night that Michael Williams will go later than my projection, why not just take him in this spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Wow, I'm sold on Brandon Williams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WGSMeSZXQdM Seems like the type of guy Ozzie and the FO loves.
    Ok, I'll bite on liking him too. Reminds me of a Lardarius Webb under-the-radar type. I'm just not sure what to say on him in the 2nd round.

Brandon seems to be all over the place. I saw a couple of mock drafts that had him and Mathieu as the last two picks of the 2nd round.

I saw one (CBS sports) that had him ranked as their 71st best prospect (early-mid 3rd round)

Draftsite has his as their 103rd rated prospect (early 4th round)

Walter Football lists him as a 5th-7th rounder.

Did he get a combine invite?

Blog Entries

CJ Moseley should have declared, he would have been the best ILB in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    His man boobs are about as impressive as Cody's. I do like him, but unless he is on a serious uptick, I would try to target him more in the 3rd round range.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    3) What about Quessenberry makes him a better prospect than Ricky Wagner in your opinion? (not debating you, just trying to get a different POV)

Footspeed. Wagner doesn't look like a LT to me, Quessenbery does.