Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin says he will retire if released

I don't trust NST but...if true, hopefully we can get him on the cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    That I don't see but I do think it will a fair deal.

Blog Entries

Q is the man. I'd consider retirement too if I finally accomplished my goal. Dude literally had a broken face. Tough as nails. Beast. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Boldin told this to a NBC reporter

@eknbc: Anquan Boldin just told me he will RETIRE if he is cut by the Ravens. They will be his last team. #NFL #Profootballtalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Re: Boldin says he will retire if released

That is class. It's very frustrating to me because Cam's system didn't do anything for him, he finally beasted the way he should've been all along. We finally threw the ball out there to him. To me, we MUST keep him. He's exactly what the Ravens are all about, and he's still one of the best at out-muscling the DB for the ball.

Extend the ManBeast - this guy is Money, and makes this team better! There is no one currently on the roster, or outside (imho) that can replicate what he brings to the table! He has proven his worth, so keep the man!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Re: Boldin says he will retire if released (Merged)

It makes sense if you review what he has gone through in his career. His rookie year was, to this day, one of the most impressive in NFL history. Arizona didn't have a QB, rush offense or second WR of even decent quality. He was the only option and was double teamed most of the season, and still made the Pro Bowl. Only for Larry Fitzgerald to be drafted the following year, making Boldin an afterthought. They still didn't have much else, until Kurt Warner came along. The one year that Anquan Boldin had a chance to get his just due, he gets hurt, and ends up in a shouting match with Todd Haley over his usage, or the lack thereof, in the Super Bowl.

The man basically has a broken face and comes back to play. Only to even be skipped over for a quality extension by Larry Fitzgerald, not that Fitzgerald isn't a great player and not that Boldin wasn't happy for him. He then takes less money from Baltimore, to join the Ravens, than was was offered by Kansas City. He then has to deal with being misused for two and a half years, by Cam Cameron. The stars finally align again, years later, and he gets his ring.

Now, he's supposed to go somewhere else and start all over again? After all he's been through? It makes sense that he would feel the way he feels.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wow, this is class. Hope to see him a bit longer here.

It also speaks to the franchise that players would speak of the place out of love and loyalty as well as the change in their pockets.

We're lucky as fans to have such a fantastic organisation.

Blog Entries

Jim Rome ‏@jimrome
    Anquan Boldin told The Jungle “I definitely expect to be back" w/ Ravens next year. “I’m not playing anywhere else.”

He was on Jim Rome this morning and said he expected to be back:

http://jimrome.com/2013/02/08/anquan...ut-his-future/

“I definitely expect to be back,” said Boldin. “I have another year left on my deal. I’ll have to retire a Raven. That’s just the way it is."

“I love the organization, love the fan base, love the team,” Boldin added. “I’m not playing anywhere else.”

Blog Entries

Q's catches this year reminded me of all the O's 1 run wins last year.

You just kept thinking "how long can this keep up"?

And they just kept coming.

Is it repeatable? I doubt it.

I love Q as a player but he really doesn't separate, and is quite slow at this point. His hands are good, and his toughness and attack on the ball is unquestioned. But I could see the Ravens going more youth oriented. If they pay Joe what he wants, he is expected to perform with any WR. None of our young guys have seized a role, which is the concern.

I really want to see if Streeter can contribute, and if Doss can turn things around. Jacoby can't be a #2 either. Despite his heroics, I still don't trust his hands.

The question is always how long is too long with respect to older players. See Mason and Heap. It hurts to see them go but is a necessity in today's NFL cap world..

Dude will never have to buy a drink/meal in Baltimore. How can you not say this guy embodies everything that the Ravens stand for. He is the epitome of Raven. I read that Ozzie was super high on him coming out of FSU and hoped to have drafted him. They were decisive when they traded for him. They need him here as a leader on offense.