View Poll Results: Kevin Zeitler or David Decastro?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Zeitler

3 37.50%
  • David Decastro

5 62.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just sparking debate here:

So, Kevin Zeitler is not overrated for playing on that Wisconsin offensive line, next to Peter Konz and co.?
    Good point, but I think it's fair to say that Zeitler is probably underrated if anything, most people had him down as a second rounder.

Blog Entries

Just to spark more debate:

Isn't much of what Stanford runs, offensively, predicated on running the ball to setup the play action? It's not as if Luck was asked to do as much as the analysts say he will be capable of handling. It's like the idea that Griffin is this developmental scrambler and that Luck is this pure pocket passer. When you really look at it, they run the ball pretty well at Stanford, don't they?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Isn't much of what Stanford runs, offensively, predicated on running the ball to setup the play action? It's not as if Luck was asked to do as much as the analysts say he will be capable of handling. It's like the idea that Griffin is this developmental scrambler and that Luck is this pure pocket passer. When you really look at it, they run the ball pretty well at Stanford, don't they?
    They certainly are a more physical offense, and run the ball first.

Blog Entries

I like them both but I see DeCastro with a much higher upside. He moves better than most Guards I've seen come out of college.

Blog Entries

If you look at the line as one cohesive unit, its hard to not point out that zeitler benefited from having better players around him. If you want to knock Decastro for having Luck behind him, you need to knock Zeitler for that. I think Zeitler has potential to be very good, but DeCastro will be a better player from day one, imo.
    -JAB

Stanford is and was a run-first offense. They ran the ball more than they threw it every year with Luck, and their offense revolved around the run. The 49ers run literally the exact same offense with Alex Smith as Stanford ran with Luck. I've scouted Luck and he is a very good quarterback, but the reality is that he is a high-ceiling, low-upside player. He reminds me of what Alex Smith was last year: smart, mobile, makes good decisions, puts his team in position to win, but not a terror with the ball in his hands. He is not going to dominate you by throwing lasers all over the field and shredding your coverage. He does not have the "arm characteristics" of an elite pure passer. I'm not saying that's the be-all end-all, but it is reality.

I think Andrew Luck has a high bust rate, if only because the hype surrounding him is so ridiculous that almost nobody could live up to it. He essentially has to be Peyton Manning from day 1 in order to NOT bust, and I do not think he will. For example, I believe Robert Griffin will have a much better 2012 in DC than Luck will in Indy.