Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,657 to 1,668 of 1669

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Bengals 12/29

The pick 6 is a timing throw. I have to blame that on the receivers and the coaches. Flacco expects the receiver not to break off that open and get that separation, as well he should think because that's just how they have been all season. A timing route requires TIMING. That's a two way street. All season these receivers don't get separation so Flacco is playing accordingly, throwing it as if the receiver won't come open with that separation. The coaches needed to eliminate timing throws from the play book around week 5 when it became obvious these receivers aren't consistent enough to rely on their location during those plays. When you can't rely on their location, the play will fail. We just don't have the consistency to attempt those kind of plays so the result is that Flacco throws the ball to a place where the receiver isn't all too often. If he throws it out front and the receiver doesn't come open it gets picked as well so those throws have been lose lose prospects all year without any predictability of where the receiver will get on those timing plays. That's how I see it anyway. Just a failure all season long of coaching. Receivers aren't consistent enough and the coaches didn't adjust and call plays that suited this personnels strengths and hide their deficiencies.

nope, been a fan since 1996. u?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    I'm expecting BIG offensive changes.

At the very least the OC, OL coach, RB coach and WR coach need to go... neptosim be DAMNED.

Step up Biscotti, I know you will hold your staff accountable for being yet another team succumbing to complacency.
    Definite silver lining to a disappointing season. I am hopeful that we will see a better offense next year ('cause let's face it - it would be incredibly hard to be much worse) but the Ravens just never seem to be able to run a competent offense since their inception. And, when they do (96, 97) they had a defense that makes the 2013 Cowboys look like the 85 Bears.

Happy Holidays to all, and GO CHARGERS!

What a hell of a season ( not in a good way) guys. I am confident that the Ravens will make the necessary changes to be competitive in 2014. They are resilient. It's amazing that the regular season is over already.

Ok, no skin in the playoffs, so, its just seeing who is going to the big dance in February.

Peace out and Happy New Year!

I'll be rooting for a few NFC teams in the post season, maybe one AFC team (KC).

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We're like 30th in TD's scored. We have the worst running game in decades. That sucks and deserves all the criticism it gets. NE had lots of injuries and losses and they're right where they always are. The reason is superior coaching and knowing how to adjust your game each week as needed. The Ravens are clueless in that regard.
    It's one thing to complain about this season...it's sucked.

But posters are actually saying things like they don't know if they are re upping for PSL's and that Joe needs to go.

Crazy.

We've had a great 5 year run and it's not going to last forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    I'll be rooting for a few NFC teams in the post season, maybe one AFC team (KC).
    I could pull for KC, but if they beat the Chargers with their backups to let the inbreds in, I'll be pissed. Mail it in KC! LOL

Blog Entries

SD will win today and win the Super Bowl.

The Eagles home opener pattern continues.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    SD will win today and win the Super Bowl.

The Eagles home opener pattern continues.
    They also lost with the Redskins and beat Cowboys and Giants. Last 3 did it. (Giants didn't beat themselves but you get it)

10. Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Bengals 12/29

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

But posters are actually saying things like they don't know if they are re upping for PSL's and that Joe needs to go.

Crazy.

When the booze and emotions wear off they will realize just how stupid they sound.

Changes on offense in particular need to happen but some people just nd like they could Yankee fans with their sense of entitlement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That was on Flacco. 21 Ints this year. Pathetic
    Honestly, what happened to Joe? In the final drive brown (?) was open and Joe threw the ball wide to his right. A perfectly uncontested possible catch not completed SIMPLY BECAUSE the QB COULD NOT throw the ball to his receiver. THAT IS PATHETIC! And folks it's been like that all year long. Flacco has ceased to be a starting QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Crazy.

So, with what you saw of Joe this year, you think he should continue to start? Talk about CRAZY!