Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    9ers fans are delusional. I'm convinced they are mostly bandwagon fans that don't know shit about football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 49ers have always had a lot of that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If we are strictly talking about Colin Kaepernick, the one guy that he should most concerned with (I won't say fear, because that will be losing the game before it starts) is Haloti Ngata. Yes, Benard Pollard has laid some hits on opponents this year. However, it has been Ngata that has left the QBs shaken up. Andy Dalton was through after some hits by Ngata in the fourth quarter. Robert Griffin's season was over the moment Ngata made contact with him. Tom Brady wanted no part of Ngata and threw the ball into the middle of the ocean. He is the guy whose actual speed cannot be fully understood by watching film. If Kaepernick tries to scramble, he'll have to be weary of Ngata and make sure that he doesn't underestimate his speed.

That is the one defender I would choose. Trent Dilfer talked about the numbers game of the pistol and so forth. The issue is that when you have defenders who need to be double teamed, such as Ngata, right up the middle no less, it sets up your outside defenders to set the edge and messes with that numbers game.
    I kind of laugh at the play where Brady threw it away instead of "running for an easy first down". Ngata may be 340 lbs but he ran the 40 .29 seconds fast than brady and was closing fast. Brady made the right decision to toss it up, he just didnt give it the best effort as far as stepping into it. He would have had to fake or stiff arm Ngata to get that first, imo, and that wasnt happening.

I think Kaepernick is fast enough to misjudge Ngata somewhat and still be able to get away with it personally. Only way Ngata gets him is if we force him to stay in the pocket and Ngata collapses it with him having nowhere to go. That should be the game plan but i doubt hes in a position during the game to chase down Kaepernick.
    -JAB

In my slight defense of the Niners fans, the town really isn't as much of a football town as it is a baseball town.

I lived there for a year and they are very luke warm about football in general. There wasn't much interest in the team for a while and they really had to struggle to get their new stadium approved. The residents of SF didn't even want the new stadium in their town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In my slight defense of the Niners fans, the town really isn't as much of a football town as it is a baseball town.

I lived there for a year and they are very luke warm about football in general. There wasn't much interest in the team for a while and they really had to struggle to get their new stadium approved. The residents of SF didn't even want the new stadium in their town.
    I can see that just by turnouts for when they left...

Rice-A-Roni and baseball...

Crabcakes and Football...
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I can see that just by turnouts for when they left...

Rice-A-Roni and baseball...

Crabcakes and Football...
    Heh. To be fair, the Ravens organized a rally, with the mayor and governor attending. It appears the 49ers didn't bother.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Heh. To be fair, the Ravens organized a rally, with the mayor and governor attending. It appears the 49ers didn't bother.
    which proves Houstons point. its just not as big of a deal in SF.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I kind of laugh at the play where Brady threw it away instead of "running for an easy first down". Ngata may be 340 lbs but he ran the 40 .29 seconds fast than brady and was closing fast. Brady made the right decision to toss it up, he just didnt give it the best effort as far as stepping into it. He would have had to fake or stiff arm Ngata to get that first, imo, and that wasnt happening.

I think Kaepernick is fast enough to misjudge Ngata somewhat and still be able to get away with it personally. Only way Ngata gets him is if we force him to stay in the pocket and Ngata collapses it with him having nowhere to go. That should be the game plan but i doubt hes in a position during the game to chase down Kaepernick.
    That play was awesome; only one better was when Brady tried to slide and hide behind the ref. Save me Save me!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

"Jimmy Smith was the best player on that defense I saw yesterday".

officespace.jpg

Shit I wish we had Adalius. Can you even imagine Suggs, Ngata, Adalius, Kruger on third downs?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Shit I wish we had Adalius. Can you even imagine Suggs, Ngata, Adalius, Kruger on third downs?
    pretty sure hes available... since 2009.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The thing about the 49ers that scares me a bit is their willingness to stick with the power running game. The have a very good run blocking OL and will keep running the ball with Gore, James, and Kaepernick even if they are stopped initially. I am still worried about the poor play of Cody and Kemo against the run. The Ravens offense has to put up TDs and keep scoring to mitigate the 49ers running attack. The 49ers are fully capable of running the ball right down the Ravens throats if the score of the game allows them to. If the Ravens can get out to a lead, and then make Kaepernick try to beat them by throwing the ball, they will be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The thing about the 49ers that scares me a bit is their willingness to stick with the power running game. The have a very good run blocking OL and will keep running the ball with Gore, James, and Kaepernick even if they are stopped initially. I am still worried about the poor play of Cody and Kemo against the run. The Ravens offense has to put up TDs and keep scoring to mitigate the 49ers running attack. The 49ers are fully capable of running the ball right down the Ravens throats if the score of the game allows them to. If the Ravens can get out to a lead, and then make Kaepernick try to beat them by throwing the ball, they will be in good shape.
    Don't forget though that thebFalcons jumped out to an early 17-0 lead and even that didn't stop the 9ers from sticking with their run game.