Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This is looking more and more like they'll rest as many as possible and play a vanilla gameplan.

Who’s Playing, Who’s Not at Bengals

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...nshare:twitter via @Ravens
    I agree. Plus, the weather is supposed to be like 20 degrees, dont need any pulled muscles and tweaks on a hard turf.

Blog Entries

I want to thank the Cincinnati fans for selling out this game. It is somewhat meaningless, but it's "The Ravens".

I get to watch it on my big screen and not get pneumonia ( I have a cold from hell right now).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    I get way too emotionally involved in these games. It will be great to watch a game and home and not sweat the outcome.

Ravens 24
    Bengals 23

Homer pick.

Once the Playoffs start everyone on this board will become huge Cincy fans. It would be nice to have another AFC championship game in charm City. I was fortunate to be at the last one during the 1970 season. As a punk teenager I proudly threw snow balls at George Blanda back then.
    That's awesome

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I get way too emotionally involved in these games. It will be great to watch a game at home and not sweat the outcome.

Ravens 24
    Bengals 23

Homer pick.

Once the Playoffs start everyone on this board will become huge Cincy fans. It would be nice to have another AFC championship game in charm City. I was fortunate to be at the last one during the 1970 season. As a punk teenager I proudly threw snow balls at George Blanda back then.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1970-71

guys, this will be the most meaningless game the Ravens have played in the Harbaugh era!
    Cinci 20
    Ravens 19
    Rice, Reed, Ngata, Boldin and maybe Birk get the second half off.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Thanks Cincy. Appreciate the thread. That was a long time ago.

Blog Entries

I think both teams are looking for some momentum going into the playoffs. They're going to play as long as the score is close. They both need to get on a roll if they are going to do anything in the next couple of weeks.

Blog Entries

Thanks Cincy. Appreciate the thread. That was a long time ago.
    That was the first season I really started following football. Bengals started 1-6 and reeled off 7 in a row to sneak into playoffs. Baltimore clobbered us but we were so excited just to be there. Fitting because the Orioles had clobbered the Reds in World Series the same year. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    My prediction is that we'll see a lot of injured players rested and the other key starters get 2-3 quarters like a preseason game.

Agree. This looks to be the most likely to me too. It's an exhibition game. What incentive is there to get the 3 seed? I think there's more to be gained by resting key players and not risking injury to other key players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    That was the first season I really started following football. Bengals started 1-6 and reeled off 7 in a row to sneak into playoffs. Baltimore clobbered us but we were so excited just to be there. Fitting because the Orioles had clobbered the Reds in World Series the same year. Ouch!
    Losing Greg Cook was the difference. Virgil Carter just wasn't close to the same QB. Cook had an incredible season the year before and did it with a torn rotator cuff. He was rookie of the year and his career was over. You put Cook on the next years Bengals team and they could have gone to the Super Bowl. At the very least that Bengals offense against the Colts defense would have been a classic game. The Bengals seem to have had more than their fair share of players forced to retire way too soon because of injury with Cook and Ickey being the most notable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Losing Greg Cook was the difference. Virgil Carter just wasn't close to the same QB. Cook had an incredible season the year before and did it with a torn rotator cuff. He was rookie of the year and his career was over. You put Cook on the next years Bengals team and they could have gone to the Super Bowl. At the very least that Bengals offense against the Colts defense would have been a classic game. The Bengals seem to have had more than their fair share of players forced to retire way too soon because of injury with Cook and Ickey being the most notable.
    You know your history well. Greg Cook was phenomenal. Such a shame that today's technology didn't exist then. Greg's career would have been saved. Greg Cook passed away last year quietly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You know your history well. Greg Cook was phenomenal. Such a shame that today's technology didn't exist then. Greg's career would have been saved. Greg Cook passed away last year quietly.
    Before the Ravens existed I was Bengals fan. I'm too young to have seen Cook except on a limited amount of tape but I've heard the stories and talked to some very smart football people who thought he could have been an all time great QB. He was Mr. Cinci having grown up there and gone to college there. It should have been one of those great fairly tale careers. It really sucks the way life can throw you a curve ball when you least expect it.