Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is a question -

If the Ravens win, what does it get them in the playoffs?

Because I've read that it is likely that the Bengals will be coming to Baltimore regardless in the playoffs for the first game. If that is the case, and nothing is going to change that, why play your starters?
    I think as of right now we get the Colts. The only way the Bengals come here is if we win AND New England loses given us the 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is a question -

If the Ravens win, what does it get them in the playoffs?

Because I've read that it is likely that the Bengals will be coming to Baltimore regardless in the playoffs for the first game. If that is the case, and nothing is going to change that, why play your starters?
    It's unlikely that the Bengals come to Baltimore, but possible if Ravens win and NE loses. NE I doubt loses,( but they might prefer being a 4 seed so they can play Houston in round 2 instead of Denver) it's being bantied around in Boston press. So, this possiblity gives more credence to the Raven game being nothing more than a backup bowl because of the chance both teams face each other the next week. To GET to the AFCCG I think it bodes better in this case to be the 4 seed than the 3 seed then play at Denver in round 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think as of right now we get the Colts. The only way the Bengals come here is if we win AND New England loses given us the 3 seed.
    Correct. While I don't think the Dolphins roll over I think you'll see the Pats pull away in the 2nd-half.

Blog Entries

This is truly a meaningless game for the Ravens, in fact you could argue (and some have) that they're better off with the 4 seed. The goal should be no injuries.

It's almost impossible to predict this game. I'll watch it and enjoy the entertainment but I won't get emotional about the outcome because it doesn't matter.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I really hope that the Bengals aren't jackasses and treat this game like their Super Bowl. I'd like to rest most of our injured starters, but I don't want this to be an embarassing loss, and I don't want to see the starters that are out there getting their timing thrown off and being open to injury due to not being protected (and the fact that the Bengals play pretty dirty). The best case scenario is that both teams rest their injured players, nobody gets hurt, and the Ravens come out with a win. I'd be pretty pissed if our guys get hurt in this meaningless game, and I'd be pissed if the Bengals take this game seriously and embarass us with our scrubs playing.

Blog Entries
    This is looking more and more like they'll rest as many as possible and play a vanilla gameplan.

Who’s Playing, Who’s Not at Bengals

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...nshare:twitter via @Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I really hope that the Bengals aren't jackasses and treat this game like their Super Bowl. I'd like to rest most of our injured starters, but I don't want this to be an embarassing loss, and I don't want to see the starters that are out there getting their timing thrown off and being open to injury due to not being protected (and the fact that the Bengals play pretty dirty). The best case scenario is that both teams rest their injured players, nobody gets hurt, and the Ravens come out with a win. I'd be pretty pissed if our guys get hurt in this meaningless game, and I'd be pissed if the Bengals take this game seriously and embarass us with our scrubs playing.
    This was embarrassing: http://www.bengals.com/schedule/game/2012/regular1/

34-21

Ray has a field day

Ugh. Terribly difficult game to pick. I dunno what the line is, but IMO it's a pick 'em. So in that spirit, I'll say Ravens 24, Bengals 23. As someone else said, a homer pick. ;-)
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I think a lot has changed since that game. Cincy has improved throughout the season, we have been inconsistent. I do think Marvin wants to win, but not because of the blow out 3 1/2 months ago. I think it is important for the Cincy organization to show its fans that it can beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore back to back. It shows them they are on par with the two elite teams in the division, and I do think it is a sign of things to come.

Cincy has slowly but surely built a solid team. Sure they have some issues like all teams, but that is the way of the NFL given the salary cap era.

Going into next year I fear the Bengals more then the stealers.

Blog Entries

Your comments make a lot of sense, Ed. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Sanu was getting into a solid groove with Dalton and taking pressure off of AJ. Had he stayed healthy I would put the Bengals up against most teams. I can't wait for a healthy Sanu & AJ next year. Hopefully we can gut it out. Next man up...

Blog Entries

I get way too emotionally involved in these games. It will be great to watch a game at home and not sweat the outcome.

Ravens 24
    Bengals 23

Homer pick.

Once the Playoffs start everyone on this board will become huge Cincy fans. It would be nice to have another AFC championship game in charm City. I was fortunate to be at the last one during the 1970 season. As a punk teenager I proudly threw snow balls at George Blanda back then.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 12-28-2012 at 10:33 PM.