Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers D...

Blog Entries

Re: Steelers D...

Pittsburgh is running a very bland offense though.

However, I will say that the Skins OL is playing pretty well together. Trading for Tim Hightower was a great move on their part.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Hmm... So I guess Pitt will suck this year too.

Or wait, it's preseason. These games are about as meaningful an indicator of a team's ability as shells only walk throughs.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

3. Re: Steelers D...

Ike Taylor broke his thumb

Blog Entries

Broken thumb probably won't force him to miss regular season games...

That said, a reminder that while last night was rough, we have everyone back on Monday. That's good for 89 of our 90 players. Wish Cousins was NOT back on Monday...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Ike Taylor broke his thumb
    Strange, I wasn't aware that Ike Taylor had hands. I guess 11 career interceptions in 9 seasons will make you think that.

Blog Entries

So, the Steelers are playing the same game I HOPE the Ravens are playing. Just trying not to show the cards. I am not buying it for the Ravens. Some of our problems last night were a lack of talent. Such as your starting RT being abused by 3rd and 4th string players that will either be on a practice squad this season or on their momma's couch watching football like me.

7. Re: Steelers D...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Strange, I wasn't aware that Ike Taylor had hands. I guess 11 career interceptions in 9 seasons will make you think that.
    Ben was playing up a hand injury too I'm sure you saw.

Ben was playing up a hand injury too I'm sure you saw.
    Yeah, I saw him shaking it after his first throw. I'm going to hopefully assume that he just hit it on a lineman's helmet or something, but I'd have to go back and watch it again. Creating drama in a preseason game is a little too much, even for him.

9. Re: Steelers D...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Yeah, I saw him shaking it after his first throw. I'm going to hopefully assume that he hit it on a lineman's helmet or something, but I'd have to go back and watch it again. Creating drama in a preseason game is a little too much, even for him.
    One more month. Don't be a stranger.

We have our own problems right now.

One more month. Don't be a stranger.

We have our own problems right now.
    Just need a RT. I think the Ravens corners looked shaky last night for the same reason Pittsburghs corner's look weak tonight - vanilla defense. Poor tackling is overblown, too, that's a symptom of virtually every first preseason game.

I wonder if the Ravens shouldn't go kick the tires on Flozell Adams (assuming the Steelers don't re-sign him, which I think they might). Not the perfect answer to the problem, but he's still a good run blocker and average in pass pro...more than you can say of Cousins. Kinda like Willie Anderson a few years back. Of course, you need to get the cap room first.

Blog Entries

Keep in mind Shanihan kept his starters in for the entire first half. dunno why, that's shanny. So they were essentially playing against 2nd/3rd stringers

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

James Walker:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...burgh-steelers

2. Has Pittsburgh fixed its pass defense?

The last memory Steelers fans have of their defense is Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers carving up the secondary for 304 yards and three touchdowns in Super Bowl XLV. Since then, Pittsburgh hasn't made any significant additions to the secondary, leaving many to wonder whether this problem is fixed.

Because Pittsburgh is fielding the same players in the secondary, it's difficult to imagine the pass defense being better than it was last season. The Steelers re-signed veteran corners Taylor and William Gay and drafted rookies Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen.

"You can't worry about what people think outside the locker room, because we've been so successful on the field," Taylor said of the criticism. "So it really doesn’t matter. Everybody has their own opinion. It comes with the territory."

Expect many teams to spread the Steelers out this season by using three- and four-receiver sets. That will force backups such as Gay or some of the young corners to play important roles on the defense.

With the way those DL and DE's use their backs, I think Harrison has the possiblitly of being a concern for them too. Two back surgeries in one offseason is not good. We shall see.