Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I don't buy Deion's bs. Ray has said that what he says he's done that he's done and not pulling a favre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

The slogan should be "Last ride to Lewisiana"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lets leave out the religious stuff from the main football area, folks.

If you wish to discuss that side of the coin regarding Ray, feel free to do so in the Politics / Off Topic area of the forum.

Thanks everyone!
    That means we can stop talking about Deion right now too, right? :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That means we can stop talking about Deion right now too, right? :hammer:
    Ha! Well played, Sir.

I was out all day in Ellicott City at my mom's antique shop. You can imagine my horror when I came back to learn this. Heart officially broken. Not entirely surprised, but heartbroken still.

Because I'm late to the party, I assume we've already discussed Deion's take on things? That is, that Ray is going because he looks around the locker room and doesn't see the pieces to win a championship? (Based on HR's and Ravenboy's quotes above, I take it as, yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ...)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Understood HoustonRaven, and respect that. I wasn't starting a religious discussion, just commenting on a retirement quote that Ray Lewis made today, and in light of the earlier post that said that 10 years from now he will be known as the savior of Baltimore. No doubt Ray is a hero on the field one of the greatest players to ever step on the field, but personally I don't think its wrong to question the "hero status" of someone who is in the 10 ten of Bleachereport.com's 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers in Sports. Just my opinion and obviously not one that is popular so agreed to move on.

I hope they introduce the d separately and they go black jerseys and black pants. It's def a special game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    ...Because I'm late to the party, I assume we've already discussed Deion's take on things? That is, that Ray is going because he looks around the locker room and doesn't see the pieces to win a championship? (Based on HR's and Ravenboy's quotes above, I take it as, yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ...)
    The locker room has had the same "stars" for the past 3-4 seasons basically.

If Ray felt that way he would have retired a few seasons back. Not much changed this year, besides JJ leaving.

If Ray feels that way that he doesn't respect Suggs or Ngata or Reed on D, and his little buddy Rice on O (not too mention Flacco, Torrey, Q, etc.).

I highly doubt that is the case.

Sanders just wants attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    Understood HoustonRaven, and respect that. I wasn't starting a religious discussion, just commenting on a retirement quote that Ray Lewis made today, and in light of the earlier post that said that 10 years from now he will be known as the savior of Baltimore. No doubt Ray is a hero on the field one of the greatest players to ever step on the field, but personally I don't think its wrong to question the "hero status" of someone who is in the 10 ten of Bleachereport.com's 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers in Sports. Just my opinion and obviously not one that is popular so agreed to move on.
    Dude, You can't expect a legitimate conversation to come from citing Bleacher Report.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Ray seems a lot more involved with his kids than a lot of "legitimate" fathers I know. Also, it's bad form to take another shot at the man and finish your criticism with "agreed to move on".

Personally, I think he deserves 'Hero Status' b/c he is a Father to his kids.

Thanks goodness I'll be there to see him come out one last time on Sunday. Can you imagine the stadium?!!??!?!

I don't see how I can wear another jersey besides old #52 ever. I'll tell my grand kids about Sunday.