Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

Who do we pull for in this match-up? Personally, I hate Pitt so much I would like to see them buried. However, a loss this early in the yar won't do that. Still, two losses in three games has to rattle them a bit. Also, if we shut Palmer down, I like our chances against Cincy's defense. So, I will go with the lesser of two evils, Cincy.

Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

this is my post on the subject from the jags thread:

"while i am glad to see the steelers lose this week, i am not sure i want them to lose next week. i think it would be in our best interests if it were a close game and the bungles lost. we need both of them to pile up some losses. if the bungles go into pitt and can get a win, i think it will build their confidence up even more. allow them to pull out another win down the road that they would lose without the confidence.

just a thought. no matter which team wins, it is good for us. and now that i am thinking of it, if pitt just went on a losing streak and missed the playoffs entirely, that would be hilarious."

I am leaning toward wanting Pitt to win. With a win at CLE we are in 1st place alone. Of course either way I want them to beat the crap out of each other.

4. Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

I'll repeat what I stated in the "steelers meltdown thread"

Me? I'm rootin' for Pittsburgh. Yeccchhh. I can't believe I just said that. But Cincy looks tough, real tough. Pittsburgh is going to get every team's best for all 16 games. (Plus, Jacksonville just showed the rest of the league the blueprint for beating them)

I want the Ravens to win the division, and in order for that to happen I believe that Cincy needs to falter. Our offense simly isn't good enough yet to compete with them.

Tough choice. Normally I'd say the Bungles because I hate Pitt so much, but like someone said earlier, if we beat the Brownies then we'd be in 1st place alone if Pitt wins.

So, I'll just say I'm neutral in this, although I would enjoy it very much seeing Cheeseburger and The Chin lose again.

6. Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

i want pittsburgh to win. not just because we would take 1st place but because between the 2 of them i think we match up better against pittsburgh. I see the ravens having a tougher time beating the bengles down the road.

Cinci already has a division win, I am rooting for the Stealers this Sunday.

The reality is, in my opinion, the Bengals are THE team to beat his year; thus, go Squeelers. Emotionally, however, anytime the Yellow and Gold have a meltdown, it does my heart good!

Go Cincy! Here is why:

There will be 2 playoff teams from the AFCN, Cincy and Ravens/Steelers. We need the Steelers to pile up as many losses as possible so they are out of the playoff hunt. If we handle our business we can win the division, but I would rather it be a two team race than a three team race. Pittsburgh needs to be eliminated as soon as possible.

Having them both at 2-1 is better than having Pitt at 1-2 and Cin at 3-0. Cincy is more dangerous than Pitt as well. So I am rooting for Pitt. I am through with the "at least it's not Cleveland or Pitt" mentality toward the Bengals. I want them to lose just as much as the other two.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

let's not forget the players that cincy is missing. thurman out for 2 more games and pollack is out for the year now. i think they have a couple others that were injured last week. they will not be full strength.

Go Bengals!

Never will root for Steelers!