Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Maybe too early, but who is already making plans for the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    Anyone have 4 tickets? :)
    Yeah, Ebay, Stubhub, etc.... lol

Bus trips are up, $575 a person isn't too bad considering.

Blog Entries

I traveled like that for 3 years in late 80's. Was burnt out afterward.

3. Re: Maybe too early, but who is already making plans for the trip?

I think I'll watch this one indoors and then see if I can go to New Orleans.

Blog Entries

if you are planning on going wait until Friday to get your tickets and they will drop to $150ish each. tickets should always be the last thing to get for road trips because there are always some availble up until gametime

Where I is a good part and safe part of the town to stay? I'm thinking of coming over from the uk.

Any hotel recommendations?

I got about 5 ravens in section 303. Top corner of the end zone! Lets keep building!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Where I is a good part and safe part of the town to stay? I'm thinking of coming over from the uk.

Foxborough seemed to be safe, just about anywhere I wanted to walk. Not much to do there - it's just a village with a few nearby motels. IIRC, we stayed at the Courtyards Marriott just out of town. Three is a cluster of hotels at/near the 1-495 + I-95 junctions.

If you decide to go into Boston, or closer yet Providence, they are relatively big cities with a few bad sections. It's worth going to the Italian sections to get good food. If you do, wear your Ravens gear!

foxboro welcome sign.jpg

joeflaccoiselite.jpg
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

FYI since I live in CT (patriot country). There is a "patriot" train in providence. It's a straight shot right to the stadium with maybe 4 stops to pick up people. It only runs on patriot game days.

Only bad part is, I think you get there with about an hour before kickoff and have to be back on the train about 45 mins after the game.

BUT the train drops you off literally in front of Gillette stadium. So a 4 minute walk through the parking lot and your there

Side note, Patriots security is REALLY secure. So any type of bags Etc, don't chance it.

I really want to go, but will be in OC with the family.

Think ill hold off in hope of a superbowl and go to it just. Any hotel tips for there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Foxborough seemed to be safe, just about anywhere I wanted to walk. Not much to do there - it's just a village with a few nearby motels. IIRC, we stayed at the Courtyards Marriott just out of town. Three is a cluster of hotels at/near the 1-495 + I-95 junctions.

If you decide to go into Boston, or closer yet Providence, they are relatively big cities with a few bad sections. It's worth going to the Italian sections to get good food. If you do, wear your Ravens gear!

foxboro welcome sign.jpg

joeflaccoiselite.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

I live in Western MA, about an hour 15 from the Foxboro, it's in the middle of empty space, highway in and out. The Ravens stayed in Providence RI last NE playoff game, (my daughter by luck was at Providence Place and saw them)

Providence is a nice place to stay as is most of Boston, just expensive as heck. Better off looking in RI or nice NE towns like Sturbridge. The Providence airport is great for accessability too.

Blog Entries

Actually, if anyone is coming to Boston and meeting from this board, please post if planning a Saturday Raven's get-together; would love to attend and wear my Ravens gear amoung friends here in enemy territory.