Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    "Zinno" doesn't use his real name.
    He was a male cheerleader.
    He's a cheerleader coach.
    He is an awful and unlikeable radio personality.
    That is pretty damn accurate.

There are plenty of people who have or had provided service to this country, they, no so more than him, don't necessarily deserve to be on the radio attempting to have a legitimate take on sports.

Such a visceral reaction to someone who you don't even know simply because he's not your ideal radio personality.

Says a lot about you more so than Zinno.

And I hate to break it to you, but 75% of radio personalities use some sort of pseudonym.

Decaf. Seriously.

I like Haynie.. bummer...

I actually enjoy 105.7 because they talk local sports. I have Sirius if I want to check out national scene.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Actually my "opinion" and others manifests from "Zinno's" on air personality. And last time I checked people don' t need to meet on air personalities to have a take on them. And most people in the Baltimore sports talk market don't feel the need to use psuedo names

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    Bob Haynie will never be a fixture because his voice is the worst sounding thing on the planet. I listen to 105.7 occasionally but if Bob Haynie is on I instantly turn it off, I don't care if he's the smartest man on the planet, he needs a larynx transplant.
    Cant stand Zinno. Just don't like the guy.

Haynie is great IMO, his voice is just fine IMO.

I kinda get the feeling that Haynie is not the kind of corporate kiss ass that Zinno, Garceau etc are when it comes down to it, that type of guy tends to be left out in the cold in that kind of corporate radio environment. (thats not a slam btw a certain amount of that is smart and necessary)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Actually my "opinion" and others manifests from "Zinno's" on air personality. And last time I checked people don' t need to meet on air personalities to have a take on them.
    So what has he said / done on air that warrants such an emotional, negative response?

Short of mocking your family on air, killing your dog or keying your car, I cannot imagine he's done anything that warrant such scorn from a reasonable person.

And most people in the Baltimore sports talk market don't feel the need to use psuedo names
    You'd be surprised.

I know I am in the minority, but I really like the Vinnie and Rob show. I also enjoy Bob Haynie, but I don't like him paired with Mark Zinno. Glen Younes gets on my nerves and probably that is the reason Zinno is filling his slot. Scott Garceau is fine, but when he is paired with Jeremy Conn he is forced to act like a parent of a small child and that is not his style. He needs a much more mature partner like Bob Haynie.

Another person who is a fill in who I always liked on WNST was Terry Ford. It seems like he has been black listed because I only hear him on weekends or when everyone else is out sick. I would love for him to come back full time on a station. I guess we are stuck with Steve Davis and Ed Norris.

Houston I have no more of a negative response than anyone else here, read the thread - no one cares for him, basically because he has an offensive on air personality- to listen to, to the callers, and you may be right about the names but I do not see Haynie, Nestor, Long, etc using fake names like they are in KISS or something.....when they go on a tanget about "Internet tough guys" that you hear Burgandy and Zinno talk about, "hiding behind an virtual name" and then they aren't using their real names is sort of funny in a way

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I know I am in the minority, but I really like the Vinnie and Rob show. I also enjoy Bob Haynie, but I don't like him paired with Mark Zinno. Glen Younes gets on my nerves and probably that is the reason Zinno is filling his slot. Scott Garceau is fine, but when he is paired with Jeremy Conn he is forced to act like a parent of a small child and that is not his style. He needs a much more mature partner like Bob Haynie.

Another person who is a fill in who I always liked on WNST was Terry Ford. It seems like he has been black listed because I only hear him on weekends or when everyone else is out sick. I would love for him to come back full time on a station. I guess we are stuck with Steve Davis and Ed Norris.
    I'd love to see Steve Davis get the boot as his voice drives me nuts. Not a good thing when you do radio. Seriously though he is such a goody two shoes and wants to water down every sport in the name of player or fan safety.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    I'd love to see Steve Davis get the boot as his voice drives me nuts. Not a good thing when you do radio. Seriously though he is such a goody two shoes and wants to water down every sport in the name of player or fan safety.
    I echo this sentiment... on drive to work I listen to show and he makes me cringe. Glad the holiday season is over because I wanted to drive off road when he did the hoodie-footie pajama's commercial!!!

I love listening to Wally Williams when he is on.. he pulls no punches too!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Sounds like nobody really likes anybody on the radio that much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I echo this sentiment... on drive to work I listen to show and he makes me cringe. Glad the holiday season is over because I wanted to drive off road when he did the hoodie-footie pajama's commercial!!!

I love listening to Wally Williams when he is on.. he pulls no punches too!
    oh god "want to get your wife to take off her clothes..." *smash head into hard surface"

I do enjoy listening to Wally. Always cracks me up because he tells it like it is with no buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Sounds like nobody really likes anybody on the radio that much.
    haha, that's what I was thinking.

I think these moves are curious because I remember Glenn Younes saying he signed some new contract and changes are on the horizon (this was around early December). I figured he would be moving into a day time slot. Where is he going?