Re: OT - J. Taylor so Skins

Ooops.

Thread title needs editing.

Sorry.

PP

Predictable move after Daniels went down for the season. In spite of Danny Boy's track record I'm a little surprised at the price. I know the Phish were hardballing for a high pick, but at the end of the day they were in a tight spot with a guy in Taylor who clearly wasn't going to suit up for them this year. I'd have thought with that situation it would've taken Taylor down to a third. But clearly either Snyder/Cerrato paniced or Parcells turned the pressure around from the Phish needing to offload Taylor to the Skins needing to pick him up to stay in the hunt in the NFC East.

Blog Entries

wow, I expected that move, but not so soon. Philip Daniels went down with an injury this morning.

If I'm the Dolphins, I try to coax a 1st out of them! Obviously they placed such a huge value on him that they immediatley tried trading for him. Plus I don't think the Dolphins NEEDED to offload him, they just wanted to.

Net effect for the Ravens is minimal though. Makes the game against the Redskins a little tougher, the game against the Dolphins a little easier.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    wow, I expected that move, but not so soon. Philip Daniels went down with an injury this morning.

If I'm the Dolphins, I try to coax a 1st out of them! Obviously they placed such a huge value on him that they immediatley tried trading for him. Plus I don't think the Dolphins NEEDED to offload him, they just wanted to.

Net effect for the Ravens is minimal though. Makes the game against the Redskins a little tougher, the game against the Dolphins a little easier.
    Yea, too bad they couldn't of traded him to a team that wasn't on our schedule.

This move will probably get crushed but I don't think it's all that bad. And I also think you'll see Taylor play for more than just one more season.

Seems like he was just tired of being in Miami and wanted out so he pretty much said anything.

PP

Making the game against the Dolphins a little easier? How much easier can they possibly get? The could only win 1 game last year. Although, I shouldn't be mocking them too much, because their only win was against the Ravens. :grbac:

I wasn't shocked to read on ESPN's time ticker that Taylor got traded. I was however, surprised to see he was traded so fast, and for such a small price. A 2nd Round draft pick in 2009 and a 6th rounder in 2010?! The Skins got a steal, and I think it was a bad move by Miami. The Redskins are one of the most unpredictable teams in the NFL. One year, they make it past the 1st round in the playoffs. The very next season, they go 5-11. The season after, they make it to the playoffs. Then 8-8 the next year (those aren't the exact season totals, I'm just saying for example). So who knows how they'll finish this year. If they make it to the playoffs, then they're gonna be picking in the lower parts of the Draft....which means that since Miami got Washington's draft pick, Miami will draft near the end of the round. But if the Deadskins suck like I hope they do, then maybe the Dolphins will get a decent 2nd rounder near the beginning. And why would anybody rather be in a town like DC instead of sunny Miami, FL?

Oh yeah, speaking of the Redskins, has anybody heard who won the Fiercest Mascot competition between Poe and whoever the fake Indian was?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Blog Entries

Taylor wanted out of Miami, they were rebuilding and with him 34 and probably a couple years from retirement, he wants to win NOW. As much as I like to hate on the Redskins, they find a way to compete pretty regularly, albeit by running the table at the end of a season. They are certainly in a better situation than Miami is. In any case, Taylor didn't have much say in the matter. The Dolphins control his rights, they can trade him wherever he wants. He seems ok with the move, but he doesn't seem like he was lobbying to go there or anything.

oh yeah, and Poe beat out Chief Zee. Take THAT Redskins!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I don't think it was a steal, it looks like a good trade for both teams, depending on how long Taylor plays. It wasn't just that Taylor wanted out of Miami, the Dolphins wanted to get rid of him, too, so a second round pick with a sixth rounder thrown in sounds pretty good, especially given that Taylor has said he's only going to play one more season. If he plays longer than one more year, as the Redskins think he will, then it's not a bad trade for them. But it's still not a steal.

Taylor wanted out of Miami, they were rebuilding and with him 34 and probably a couple years from retirement, he wants to win NOW. As much as I like to hate on the Redskins, they find a way to compete pretty regularly, albeit by running the table at the end of a season. They are certainly in a better situation than Miami is. In any case, Taylor didn't have much say in the matter. The Dolphins control his rights, they can trade him wherever he wants. He seems ok with the move, but he doesn't seem like he was lobbying to go there or anything.

oh yeah, and Poe beat out Chief Zee. Take THAT Redskins!
    If by "pretty regularly" you mean 3 out of the past 11 years or so, then yes. Even in their "good" years, like last year they weren't a good team at all. And, IMO, they actually have a worse QB situation than we do. You guys can all laugh, but look at the numbers...Jason Campbell and Kyle Boller are essentially the same QB at the end of the day and Todd Collins will not succeed again.

Can anyone explain how the Redskin's get under the cap? They run their team like a fantasy roster, and now they sign another high priced veteran. Anyone...Anyone...Bueller...Bueller....?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!