Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Ok, so they (and the Giants?) are "unstoppable" in the sense that they are great teams that are usually stopped? Is that what you mean? The Patriots are beatable just like any other football team. They don't seem any tougher this season than most others. You just have to execute on the plan that everyone uses to beat them. Someone will manage it, if not, they will win the SB.
    Take a look at how that secondary is playing, and combine it with the trio of RB's they have this year. Find another Pats team in recent years that has that combo...also take a look at that margin of victory since their bye week.

They've won 5 straight by a combined 106 points.

I don't know, maybe it was the demolition job last night, but to me, this Pats team seems deeper and more balanced on both sides of the ball than in years post 2007.

Simply put, Belichick outcoaches the other guy far more often than not. They take away what the other team does well, then exploit their weakness, wherever it is.

The biggest part of why Belichick is constantly outcoaching everybody is that he is not risk averse at all, and he knows that most other coaches are. You can only beat his offense by playing press man coverage on the receivers and sending the house at Brady, but coaches are terrified of doing that because they'll get blamed if they get burned.

You see traces of that way of thinking all throughout the way the Patriots operate. Belichick never, ever coaches scared, and he punishes other coaches for doing so. Whatever you think of the guy, he is a football genius through and through.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It amazes me that some Ravens fans, of all people, won't let Belichick live down his one transgression, all the while say nothing about the half dozen or so players the Ravens have had, whose one transgression was far worse than cheating on football games.
    I never understood this. Belicheck is one of, if not, the best coaches in the league and a big supporter of baltimore football (Harbs was his suggestion). They happened to go 18-1 after the findings, so evidently they really didnt need what they found out anyway. Id also be shocked if more teams didnt do it at the time. It wasnt unsimilar to the Bountygate where the league acknowledged it was happening and sent out a memo telling teams to stop it. difference is nobody got hurt by video footage.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If Brady were the Ravens, he would make the Ravens OL look like All Pros. He was so decisive with his reads, and got the ball out so fast that the Texans pass rush didn't have time to get to him. Brady made the Patriots OL look a lot better than they are by his play.

Blog Entries

Does anyone remember 2010?

The Patriots rolled into Heinz field and trounced the Steelers. I believe they also demolished NYJ (they were one of the AFC's top contenders that year). Yet they went on to lose to the Jets in the divisional game in Foxboro, and the Stoolers went to the SB.

The Patriots do this every year, it won't surprise me if they go one and done in the play offs, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they win the SB either. The play offs are a new season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If Brady were the Ravens, he would make the Ravens OL look like All Pros. He was so decisive with his reads, and got the ball out so fast that the Texans pass rush didn't have time to get to him. Brady made the Patriots OL look a lot better than they are by his play.
    Yup and when he saw the D in man he went to the shotgun and fired it in two seconds

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

its the bilecheck system its is designed to take what the defense gives, how often you see brady throw a deep ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    its the bilecheck system its is designed to take what the defense gives, how often you see brady throw a deep ball?
    Once in a blue mooon.. But it was out last night and Donte Stallworth went to the endzone.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Once in a blue mooon.. But it was out last night and Donte Stallworth went to the endzone.
    they will short dick you to death down the field, then when you least expect it, a guy like stallworth goes down the field for 6, one has to wonder what secret does bilecheck posses to have a top 5-10 offense every single season? Yes they got brady but what would brady be without bilecheck? we know bilecheck has done it without brady look at cassels, 11-6 that year and didn't make the playoffs. Cassels has look like shit since he left NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think he's one of the league leaders in completions over 20+ yards.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but are most of those completions where he threw the ball 20+ yards in the air, or are they due to YAC? The Patriots offense incorporates so much motion, that they set their receivers up to gain a lot of yardage after the catch.

Blog Entries

but they don't drill the deep ball like we do every other play, as you said completion, doesn't equate to how many deep shots they do take.