Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,453 to 1,464 of 1468
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm guessing injuries doesn't affect play either... (according to some)....
    You know there are people here that will kiss the D's ass until they give up 1,000 yards and 70 points in a game, and then, they'll STILL blame Flacco because he couldn't score 71.

Blog Entries

He played what was given to him - his throws could ahve been better.

but he did not choose those plays. was that his fault too?

did not think so.

absolutely.

no one is blaming anybody else.

like i said earlier, everyone played poorly, but let's not all get against joe because that's a natural tendency for some of us...
    Well, unfortunately you have some people who don't think Flacco can EVER EVER do anything wrong. And the passing game stalling is NEVER his fault. If Flacco isn't given the perfect scenario every game, he should not be expected to perform and we should just accept that because it's not his fault.

It pisses me off. People act like other QB's never get pressured consistently and that other QB's wr's never get held up in tight coverage. I don't think it's to much to expect an elite QB to overcome some of that and make the plays when it matters. That's what elite QB's do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh, yea, in case folks here missed it...Flacco was injured on one of the many times he was hit today.
    Well either you're in or you're out. If you're too hurt to be effective you shouldn't be in there. Again, enough with the excuses. He played like shit. He had plenty of company, but he played like shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Well either you're in or you're out. If you're too hurt to be effective you shouldn't be in there. Again, enough with the excuses. He played like shit. He had plenty of company, but he played like shit.
    This is all I am saying. Was it all his fault? Hell, no. He had plenty of help losing this game but don't act like he wasn't part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Well, unfortunately you have some people who don't think Flacco can EVER EVER do anything wrong. And the passing game stalling is NEVER his fault. If Flacco isn't given the perfect scenario every game, he should not be expected to perform and we should just accept that because it's not his fault.

It pisses me off. People act like other QB's never get pressured consistently and that other QB's wr's never get held up in tight coverage. I don't think it's to much to expect an elite QB to overcome some of that and make the plays when it matters. That's what elite QB's do.
    No not at all.

I'm not going to continue with this back and forth as I see it as futile. No one is saying he is faultless.

Though evident by your post, that's what you prefer to think in order to make our opinions and logic seem useless. It's easier for you or people like you to do it that way to make things seem less credible.

Unfortunately, this simply isn't the case with me. I can see that any of our players are not infallible of blame.

In Flacco's case, you are driving to extremes, however. This will be last post on the matter as it is mildly boggling one's logic to be able to see it that way...

I respect your right to have your opinion as a Ravens fan however. :)

Go week 3 - Let's just hope our D doesn't get destroyed (again) next week.

Like Brady did today? Like Drew Brees has done the last two games?

No one is saying Joe isn't at fault for any part of this game. And to suggest otherwise because people aren't putting the entire game on him again is overreacting to a bad game.

The passing game stalling was as much the OL and playcalling's problem as it was Flacco missing. As was a touchdown taken away from him. It was an all-around poor game.

He scored one, and arguably the second (which was not called - incorrectly so) would have made any other Philly TD (i.e. the Mike Vick one) moot.

Completing enough (read: not great but enough - before the haters get their blood rising at the mere idea of someone actually rooting for their QB....) to score 23 points.

It is not an egg. No matter how you slice it...

The egg was the playcalling. The final drive was mindless - calling for long shots when we have 2 timeouts and were actually moving it better with the shorter throws.

That was not on Joe, unfortunately for some, it really was not on him.

If you want to hate on him so bad, then so be it.

But people, please kindly do not be trying to formulate some illogical "reasonings" behind it - as it is foolish to do so.
    I don't "hate" anybody because of a football game. I'm not 12. However, Flacco was inaccurate all day. Yea, we'd have probably won had the TD to Jones stood up but that does not mean Flacco was sharp. He wasn't. The long pass to Torrey Smith was a good example. Without him doing a 360, that's not a completion. He was off on many other throws, too. But, as I said, Cam is a much bigger problem than Flacco. He always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I don't "hate" anybody because of a football game. I'm not 12. However, Flacco was inaccurate all day. Yea, we'd have probably won had the TD to Jones stood up but that does not mean Flacco was sharp. He wasn't. The long pass to Torrey Smith was a good example. Without him doing a 360, that's not a completion. He was off on many other throws, too. But, as I said, Cam is a much bigger problem than Flacco. He always has been.
    Read the thread.

There were no posts calling him sharp...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This is all I am saying. Was it all his fault? Hell, no. He had plenty of help losing this game but don't act like he wasn't part of the problem.
    I think most people are acknowledging that he played poorly today.

However, there are multiple reasons and contributing factors to that poor performance (outside of just him not playing well). Some folks on here though just want to find fault in Flacco regardless of anything else. Injuries, receivers not getting open, OL break downs, bad game plan...none of that matters and none of that has any bearing on the outcome of the game either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Like Brady did today? Like Drew Brees has done the last two games?

No one is saying Joe isn't at fault for any part of this game. And to suggest otherwise because people aren't putting the entire game on him again is overreacting to a bad game.

The passing game stalling was as much the OL and playcalling's problem as it was Flacco missing. As was a touchdown taken away from him. It was an all-around poor game.
    I didn't see either game, so I can't comment beyond the fact that they both lost.

I DID see Joe Flacco play today and it wasn't pretty. Are there things on the offense other than Joe that needs to improve? Sure, I haven't said otherwise. I just don't think dismissing his poor performance and passing the blame off to the OL, WR's and Cam is fair either.

11. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

To me, this is about as much a team loss as you can have. Joe was poor. The Defense was poor. Bright spots were few...Rice and Tucker. But the thing the burns me up the most was the coaching. It was horrible and if I'm gonna slice up a blame pizza... this is the biggest slice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    To me, this is about as much a team loss as you can have. Joe was poor. The Defense was poor. Bright spots were few...Rice and Tucker. But the thing the burns me up the most was the coaching. It was horrible and if I'm gonna slice up a blame pizza... this is the biggest slice.
    I def agree with this.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.